Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Posting Pictures: How-To

14K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  John Buchanan 
#1 ·
Can't figure out how to post up an image of your truck or anything else you'd like to show? You've come to the right place... this tutorial might be a little bit long, but it tells you everything you need to know about hosting your image(s) and posing them up here :thumbsup:

Step 1:
Now, first thing's first. You must have an image to begin with, so find where it is located - I will use one of mine as an example. The picture I will be posting is in the "Pics for collages" folder on my computer, the picture can be anywhere on your computer as long as you know how to get to it!

NOTE: you should have two tabs or windows open at the same time to make this easier.

Step 2:
Now open up your internet browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, etc.). There are many different places that will host your image. We will use PhotoBucket, it's free..... so head on over to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket.

Step 3:
At the top right, click on Join Now and on the next page type in any username you would like and a password then click on Next Step. On the next page, type in your:
- First name (can be real or fake)
- Last name (can be real or fake)
- Email
- Zip code
- Type the letters/numbers you see in the image in the text box

Step 4:
Click on "I accept, sign me up!" and you're now registered! Navigate through any other pages until you get to the one that has in big letters "Upload Images and Video" at the top. Click the blue button "Choose Files" and a box will open. Navigate to your image and double-click on it:

Your image or images (you can select more than one to upload at a time) will now automatically begin to upload and you can see the progress on the bar(s) that appear. When all the images are done uploading, the page will refresh itself and show your images a little bit further down.

Step 5:
To post the image to this website, put the mouse over the image and 4 bars will appear under it with text in them. Click inside of the bar at the bottom with the code and the line of text will be highlighted, then right click and click on Copy or while it's highlighted you could hold down the Ctrl key and press C for copy.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp138/TANKS250/how%20to/post%20pics/howto3.jpg[/CENTER]

Step 6:
Now come over to the forum here (you should have two tabs or windows open at the same time to make this easier) and in your post, right click and click on Paste or hold down Ctrl and press V. Your code should look like this:

Now you're done!

See less See more
#2 ·
Tank...

Did you run out of threads to post pictures in?? :poke:

Nice write up, hopefully it can be a sticky somewhere to refer people to

For step 6, I like to use
to past my url into though.

#6 ·
Very nice job Tank.

Now get to work and tell people how to turn a huge pic into an avatar.

#13 ·
Any updates on how to do it from an iPhone? Site only opens on mobile. Will not open under full or classic, every time you click them it stays mobile.

I've been using Dropbox and copy/pasting the links but wondering if there's an easier way. I like when the pics show up right in the thread.

Thanks

#14 ·
Any updates on how to do it from an iPhone? Site only opens on mobile. Will not open under full or classic, every time you click them it stays mobile.

I've been using Dropbox and copy/pasting the links but wondering if there's an easier way. I like when the pics show up right in the thread.

Thanks

Clear your cashe on you phone. After that it can open in full or classic.

If you use the auto guide app you can upload pics straight to the thread.

#15 ·
I tried to use drop box and can't figure out how to get it to load correctly.

I use photobucket but it crashes all the time. But it has a image link.

#18 ·
Anytime. I had this problem for a while. Don't switch back to mobile or you will have to clear your cashe again.

I gave up and downloaded chrome instead and works great.

#20 ·
Yeah you can have different browsers for the iPhone. Chrome , Firefox or whatever. I moved safari to a folder I never use. It sucks.

#23 ·
I only post photos from my phone. Don't know how to do it from the computer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.