Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dont Underestimate the Walbro pump!!!

3K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  matthewd11 
#1 ·
I put it to the test today, and it only flucuates 3-4 psi @ WOT from part throttle. This is with 370/400% Hybrids. It has a -10 tank pickup, -8 feed, to pump, -6 to engine with a bowl delete. All with stock wiring. Granted this is with a stock 17* pump, cause my gen 3 is on the way back from swamps, but i dont see how that would effect moving fuel, just atomization.

You truly dont need these huge pumps to keep up with monster injectors!!! :D

#5 ·
can I have a little info on thsi pump?

I have 250/80 hybrids with bts big oil and stock fuel...i might run one of these until i can afford a air dog and fuel lab prodigy

#7 ·
The Walbro pumps are not rated for Diesel fuel, alot of people have been using them for a while with great results, others wont last a week. Theres also the fact that the conductive properties of diesel are different across the country, don't ask me why, and plays an important part as well. For a $100 u take your chances. I had one for 6 months before it died, now i'm back to stock.

#10 ·
I put it to the test today, and it only flucuates 3-4 psi @ WOT from part throttle. This is with 370/400% Hybrids. It has a -10 tank pickup, -8 feed, to pump, -6 to engine with a bowl delete. All with stock wiring. Granted this is with a stock 17* pump, cause my gen 3 is on the way back from swamps, but i dont see how that would effect moving fuel, just atomization.

You truly dont need these huge pumps to keep up with monster injectors!!! :D
Why? Cause you had one die? Please man. 100$ and it will keep up with a 370/400 injector...

:blah: :blah:
What ICP are you maintaining?

#12 ·
I honestly did not check. the gen 3 will be going back on tomorrow, and i'll check fuel pressure again to see what it is. I'm sure ICP wasnt ideal, but it still put me back in the seat good at 80 mph.

#13 ·
I always had great luck out of mine, I had Beans electric system, and I just put the Walbro in place of the stock pump and could not make the needle move. This was with 255's and 200% nozzles. I even added a Holley lift pump between the tank and the pump just to be sure but I think it was overkill.

#15 ·
Well i may have opened my big mouth too soon. As soon as the turbo lights, the pressure drops to 20 (you can feel the truck fall on its face for a second), and then comes right back up to 55 once at full boost :shrug:

But HOLY SHAT!!! It really F'n pulls with these fire nozzles and the gen 3 back on. HUGE difference compared to the stock pump alone. I was pinned to the seat at full boost.

I'm wondering if my filters or my bowl delete is restricting flow. I have the feed coming in to the bottom of a T and then two 90* fittings on each sides of the T connecting to the feed lines for the heads. So, the fuel has to change directions 180* to get to the heads. The filters only have a few thousand miles on them at most so i'm not sure if its that.

I may just need a larger pump :pointlaugh:

#16 ·
But HOLY SHAT!!! It really F'n pulls with these fire nozzles and the gen 3 back on. HUGE difference compared to the stock pump alone. I was pinned to the seat at full boost.

hahahaha nice. Glad to hear its running good.

#17 ·
Hmm, i wonder if i had less than a 1/4 tank of fuel it had anything to do with it? Maybe it was sucking the tank almost dry? i'll give it one more shot when i fill up to see what the fuel pressure does.

#18 ·
Nope LOL

Not a chance of keeping up. Once it gets in the higher RPM's the pressure drops to about 15-20 psi and thats with a full tank of fuel.

Oh well, it was worth the try i guess.

Anyone need a walbro pump?? :hehe: i've got two to get rid of now.

#21 ·
Luke I think the Gen3 is back on.

#23 ·
I take it the problems with the Walbro are directly related to the size of the injectors you are running? What if you ran two in parrallel as has been mentioned in other threads? I have one on the truck, and a spare that I could use. I plan to upgrade to a 250cc hybrid soon.

#24 ·
Thats what i figure...just not enough flow. These injectors move 370cc of fuel in 2-2.5 ms :eek:

I've thought about it, but its going to be a mess of plumbing and wiring...I'll probably just use a Fuel lab, use the stock pump wiring to trigger a relay, run two wires for power and ground and not think about it.

I have two of those walbros including the one on the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.