Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

new 18 year old utah powerstroke man!

2K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  kurtfromct 
#1 ·
Hi guys! I was sent here by FTW to get in touch with other obs owners! i havent even asked anything yet and already learned a ton and had alot of questions answered! I love this place!

I'll be eighteen ins september and have been saving and working hard since around january to find an obs powerstroke......i lost alot of them before i could get to them but about a month ago I perservered and bought myself a 1995 sc lb 4wd stroke! she is currently being a pain in the ass with starter problems and speed sensor issues but we hope to get'er goin right here soon.

I plan on the basic mods. edge chip, 3"DP with cat delete, intake, and if i get a better job next summer....selectable rear locker:ford::ford:

#4 ·
:welcome: to the Nation. Just Say NO to edge products.

#7 ·
thanks guys! well see i was going to go with a ts....but im on a budget and something that doubles as a code scanner is appealing....plus i do live less than two hours from edge..... umm but im willing to go a different route if convinced. what problems have people had?

#9 ·
Custom tuned chips are the only way to go. Get a hold of Matt @ Gearhead, Bill @ PHP or David at DI and go with them you can't go wrong.

#10 ·
ok so custom chips.....they are more reliable? And im on a budget and diesel scanners are insanely expensive and I live in the middle of nowhere and its 40 miles to my diesel tech................so like i say reading codes is pleasant.....
it sounds like I should get a ts or dp then but thats alot more cash.........but i guess you get what you pay for.

#12 ·
I wouldn't use any programmer on an OBS truck anymore. I know that might upset some people but the age of the computers is making me say this. As the computers age the clock frequency starts to drift and if it is far enough off from new, it can cause a flash failure. IDK, I'd just hate to see someone get stranded......

#17 ·
As the computers age the clock frequency starts to drift and if it is far enough off from new, it can cause a flash failure.
Can you explain this a little more? I think I understand what you're saying but I'm not sure.

#14 ·
hey matt, so what makes a chip not have the same effect?

#16 ·
:welcome:

#18 ·
welcome! trust me... listen to advice, its usually given from experiance.. the guys on here know what they are talking about so open your mind past edge, lol you are in company of some of the biggest names in the perfornance diesel world!

#19 ·
Don't feed the ponies.

#21 ·
Welcome fellow Utahan. Like these guys said go with the custom chip you won't be disappointed.

#25 ·
hey yall thanks and i will more than likely take your advice...but im going to start a new thread about this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.