Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Going Rate (Attn. Shop owners!)

2K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  ButcherGY55 
#1 ·
Now this isnt to start anyting. All I want to know is what are all your going hourly labor rates?

This is out to all the Diesel shop, mechanic shop, who ever owns a related buisness owners or workers.

Once again Im not out to start chit just wanting to know for my own knowledge. Thank you to all.

#6 ·
All of my local shops are between 90 and 110 an hour. I charge 50 an hour on all of my side jobs.

#13 ·
$75 per hour and it all depends on the job really some jobs you just can't charge that for.

We did an intake the other day took 15min start to finish. Hard to charge $75 for that

#16 ·
Azzholes that run the RV dealer I used to work for charge $85 hr.
Minimum charge is .3 hr,

#17 ·
The dealership I work for charges $75/hour. I make $21.50 of that.
Minimum diagnostic time of 1/2 hour.
Flat rate on everything....unless the customer is standing right there (then it's twice that j/k).

At home I charge $30/hour and I'm busy all the damn time.

#20 ·
My shop is $75-$100 an hour depending on the job, computer etc

Auto Trans install is 350, most clutches are 350-400

Injector install for 94-97 is 150
99-03 is 200
03-07 is 300

Travis

#21 ·
UHG! I must in debt on an open account Allen, the Whataburger I bought you was
a little short of those numbers! :hehe:

#24 ·
Our shop rate is $45.00 an hour.

I do not have any minimums and I do not charge for diagnostics.

On basic installs like intakes, exhaust, chips, stacks etc. etc. I have a flat rate sheet for each job.

With the onsite Wrecker Service we do alot of breakdowns for travelers. I could jump the price up for those sort of jobs but I live by the Golden Rule and people are just amazed at how small their bills usually are. I had a customer last week that just could not believe how cheap his bill was and he tried giveing me a pretty big tip but I would not except of course. He was really amazed when I called his cell phone that night to check and make sure they had made it home ok.

There ain't anything I hate more then shops that see big $$$ signs when a out of stater gets towed to their shop. I can not stand people that take advantage of anyone especially when they are in a pinch.

#33 ·
$89 hr. We charge for Diag.(1hr) Flate Rate for most repairs. I also dislike my job and the flat rate pay system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.