Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Thoughts and Prayers Please

1K views 26 replies 24 participants last post by  crowz 
#1 ·
Today my Dad was working in Sabine Pass setting a mobile 15' in the air. This is my dads company and he sets mobile homes in the air and works from Sabine to Galveston helping set the new codes. Well we finished and left his crew to button up the rest while we headed back home. There was not a cloud in the sky when we left the job.

He got a phone call at 4:00 that the guys were closing the roof up when a freak lightning bolt hit the roof of the new house. One of the crew members was hit directly in the head and the bolt traveled threw his body exited somewere down low and then hit another crew member in the hand were it blew a hole threw it. The other 7 members were all thrown down with the electical shock of the hole deal.

They were able to move enough to get off the roof of the house because when the bolt hit it caused the roof to catch on fire. The 7 plus the one that was hit in the hand were released tonight but the one member is in the hospital in critical condition. He has a normal heart beat but no brain activity. They said that when he was hit that the bolt ripped his pants, shirt, and boots completely off of him.

This is very hard on my dad and my self because this crew has worked for my dad for a very long time and has really been the ones to help make his business what it is today.

We are asking for all the thoughts and prayers to help the one member and his family threw this hard time that has come apon us today. I also need are prayer sent out to the womens house they were setting. She has been waiting 3 years for a house to live in.

Thank you all.
Justin

Here is the Story

See less See more
#7 ·
On the way Justin. Keep the faith brother. A thought for u, God never sends something your way that you can't overcome!

#16 ·
That was the one that they had just set.

Thank you to all for your thoughts and prayers. We are still in a state of shock today but hope to return to a little more normal by Monday.

#15 ·
Prayers sent brother!

#21 ·
update?

#22 ·
My dad and his crew are back to work setting houses. Just dealing with lawyers and OSHA right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.