Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Factory line a restriction, what to replace it with.

738 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  genie144 
#1 ·
So I have 1/2" from the tank to the Airdog and from the Airdog to the Walbro, then its factory tube to the factory filter housing on the engine and then to the DI reg return. I think the factory tube is a restriction. What do you think and what should I use to run the line up to the engine? I also think I will get rid of the factory filter housing.

#2 ·
Theoretically That would create a restriction in the fuel lines (What Air Dog do you have gph)
The smaller lines will only physically hold so much fuel. but it also depends on the mods that you have done to your truck for it to render that line to small. but I always go with the theory of making your fuel system capable of supplying big fuel even if you can not use it all. So then the excess will just return to the tank just make sure that your return line is over sized as well.

#3 ·
At one time DI was adding a valve to their fass rr setups, not sure why
But I would think an air dog is similar. Since you have a DI rr might call and ask them.

#4 ·
What size is the stock line? I have 3/8's running from my pump up to the stock bowl and have no issue holding 65psi at WOT with just my Walbro pump.

From my understanding you want a little smaller line from the pump to the motor because its hard to keep a big line pressurized. But there is a point where a line can be to small and restrict flow. I am sure there is a fancy mathematical equation that will tell you what size line you need based on how many PSI you want to run and how many GPM your pump is.

And you want bigger line from the pump to the tank so that there is a lot of fuel right there at the pump for it to pump so its not stressing its self and trying to suck all the fuel it needs directly from the tank.

#5 ·
I would do 1/2" all the way to the engine. The volume of the larger line shouldn't adversely affect the Walbro's ability to hold pressure.

Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.