Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Wanna be in the 12's

7K views 81 replies 19 participants last post by  PSD Trav 
#1 ·
I want to be in the 12's in time for Scheid's Diesel Event. What do I need to do for that? I want to keep my truck in its current setup is far as tires, and suspension.

So far, I have a 275 Spartan Tune, 4" Exhaust and Intake.

Is it realistic and be able to drive it home?

#8 ·
I bet with a 310 tune and dpf delete he woudn't be too far off. Probably some 13.1's. Just a little spray should be easy 12's. Mikey's running 12.8's on his cc and is probably no more than about 600-700lbs lighter.

#7 ·
I wouldn't dog the Extravaganza to much, IMHO it is one of the best events to go to. Even though they don't have a 1/4 mile track. Sorry for the derail.

Reuben

#9 ·
I like racing the 1/8th mile, a lot closer racing. And plus, at sheids you can race Friday night too, I got about 12 passes last year on Friday. It's a great event

#10 ·
Yeah gotta love Friday night test n tune!!

#17 ·
with the 310 tune and spray you should see 12's easy. i seen a lot of guys with your set up runnin 12's. those 6.4's are wicked.

#22 ·
12's are achievable with the 275 tune and a big truck. It's just going to either take a tranny, more fuel (bigger injection pump, low pressure pump, and injectors), and more air from bigger turbos. With that said, you will probably need studs and a EGR delete/wastegate setup. All that and you can be in the 12's solidly everytime with diesel fuel only (which in my eyes is the way it should be done). Or you can go the other route and just add nitrous, which is probably not going to be good on your tranny or your stock head gaskets.

#31 ·
I got my 3rd version today, and so far it's good other than some converter lock-up issues, but I'm a Job 1 so what's knew. Turbo spool up was Matt's primary concern on this file, and let me tell you, there is noticeably quicker spool up on bottom end. Throttle is much more touchy while driving. I think it's a great file, just gotta get the lock-up worked on.

#40 ·
psdtrav Its going to be hard for you to get into the 12's on your wheels and tires, just being honest, you can probably get there on spray, but for a price, i would say get a set of 17's get some dot street slicks that should get you a nice 60' time which should get you in the 12's. You can do it with a correctly set up nitrous on your truck, probably two stages, on your big whels and tires, but its going to be high 12's i would think.

My best at this altitude and 37s is a 13.7 and there is plenty of fuel to burn with the high altitude, im hoping with the new lock up revisions to the file that i will be more like 13.5 or so by truckfest but time will tell, im too heavy to even think about 12's without a trans first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.