Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

stock horn location!!!!

68K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  HighVoltage 
#1 ·
Where is my stock horn located? it is on the passengers side but where? what do i have to do to get to it?

#6 ·
lol ..still don't see mine..now I see why what a PITA

book says loosen right front wheel nuts ,
raise vehicle on jack stands
remove right front wheel well...chapter 11
remove electrical connector(s)
horns etc..

book showed 2 horns

#7 ·
its inside the passenger side fender by the headlight.. it is pointless to take it out.. just cut the wire and replace it.. I got a sweet 152 db train horn from Ebay.. LOVE IT and man is it LOUD!!

#8 ·
What he said

#9 ·
well i need to find the WIRES for it..i have a bigrig horn from JC Whittney.

i am going to be getting a train horn as well but this bigrig horn is a small little direct drive air compressor that you can hook to the stock horn wiring.

this way if i ever get stopped for honking the real train horn i can honk the big rig horn and be like "officer, this one is DOT approved- although it is louder than stock, it is definately not a train horn:gun:

#11 ·
Pull the Inner passager side fender liner. when i did my cut-out flares i saw them there.Its right behind the head light. I can proberly take a picture tomorrow if i get a chance.

#14 ·
Passenger side behind headlight.... I removed mine by removing 3 bolts in fender well 2 holding fender and liner together and one from under the truck behind the bumper. 1st. i remover a bolt beside the battery with a small hook over it (that holds the horn in place) then i removed the bolts holding the liner on (just the three) then i pulled the liner down very hard put my hand up and it then pulled it out also very hard....

hope this helps:ford:http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_ford.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.