Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

blown headgasket?

19K views 138 replies 55 participants last post by  Aljay 
#1 ·
i'd say so.

See less See more
#2 ·
OH NO :eek: We you just driving or were you running it hard?

Can't wait to hear some more about this. That sucks sorry to see that.

#9 ·
i talked to tadd..he thinks the oil cooler took a dump, because i overfilled it a couple weeks ago..its only oil on coolant...i hope thats it. if its oil cooloer ill go to dealership..if its headgasket..ill handle it . if its headgasket im done with this thing.

#12 ·
Where's the oil at? If its venting coolant from the degas bottle cap and you deleted the egr coolers then u have blown headgaskets it sounds like. But check your degas cap and make sure its holding psi, i have seen a few caps bad already on the 6.4.

#13 ·
Sucks... Hope its the oil cooler...

#23 ·
Bummer,

Id say if it takes 600+ to pop the gaskets, its not that bad. a cummins nor dmax can do that. The dmax's rods might not even be happy about it.

I wonder what the flatness of the heads are like compared to that of the 6.0. You have studs correct?

The 6.4 has a much shorter bolt/stud, and a more solid head with less bs to be cinched down while clamping, but they still have mls gaskets which require a good surface on the heads. the 6.0s did NOT have this.

#78 ·
Not to take away from the thread, but, Cummins have been over 1200 rwhp with just studs on a stock gasket and no o-rings/fire-rings.

Good luck, hopefully it's just a cooler!

#24 ·
Yeah, that's what I thought (that you had studs in it already).

#25 ·
I was under the understanding that is was stock except for intake,exhaust,tune and nitrous. IIRC :confused:

#29 ·
its got studs and the degas bottle has oil. if its blown, the spray is coming off, the studs are getting swapped for stock headbolts and thats it. ill keep it... guess it was too good to be true..
ok DB:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.