Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Want bigger injectors!!

4K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  mattr66 
#1 ·
what kind of RWHP can you get from Hybrids. wanting to sled pull and still drive. I have seen bigger injectors but not sure if they are to big to drive.

#2 ·
I have hybrids and still tow with mine, and my EGT's are controllable. Nozzle size is going to have a huge affect on how it hot it will get when towing. I want to try some water injection and see how that works when towing. You defiantly would want to ditch the stock turbo. Good-luck!

Reuben

#4 ·
So would 550 be a competitive puller? most of our local pulls dont have turbo sizes or even check under the hood. I dont want to loose to Dodge every weekend.

#5 ·
Im in the same boat as you are. I want to sled pull. But have a 38ft camper i need to pull. From whati know. You can go with 230 Hybrids. and a H2e or something like it and have a pretty good set up. I just ordered my H2e and well the hybrids will have to wait until after snow plowing season.

550 is pretty competitive. Plus every other truck will basicly be a dodge cause thats all that pulls so seeing a powerstroke win will be a good feeling.

#7 ·
I would not even mess around with a std. H2E if I did it over. Get a modded one or dont do it. It does not move enough air for my 250s.

Give Matt a shout, Im sure he could set you in the right direction.

-Matt

#8 ·
What i had i mind was hybrids and a modified H2E from Beans. I already have Stage 1's so I think they can be upgraded to Hybrids. Is this correct?

#10 ·
Yep should be no problem at all to turn your stage 1's into hybrids. Thats what I did. Add a BD code plunger and barrel and some nozzles and your set. Even with your cut intensifier piston to stage 1's should be right at 230cc with the p&b's.

#9 ·
it is my personal belief that a set of standard hybrids with some fire hoses on the end and plenty of turbo could do 650-700 hp.

if you go too big, you can just detune them. keep that in mind.

#11 ·
Yes thats great thing about hybrids. They can be tuned down. I have heard that running a Modified H2e and 230cc hybrids could give you a pretty big reason to do head studs and valve springs...Thats my biggest concern.

Headstuds are a pain in the ass install and i dont know how to do valve springs lol...

#14 ·
This is an OBS... so the 38r isn't really an option unless they want to convert everything over to a SD style setup. The hypermax setup is much nicer and better for higher EGT's... factory uppipes/collector suck.

#18 ·
does anyone make a drop in turbo for the OBS guys that will work with 238 hybrids?

seems like it would be a good market for someone that builds turbos

#20 ·
i've heard that a few have survived a few years gated off at about 45 psi.
after that, the thrust bearings give out just like on the stocker. thing is, the d66 flows enough for plenty of power at 45 psi.

#21 ·
3-starJ.R. and rtxcoon both run D66's with hybrids. They say they've thrashed on them pretty good and they've held up well. I think Bean said he's figured out a lot of it is in the tuning and how much drive pressure they're creating.

Justin

#23 ·
This info is great! You guys are awesome:ford:

#24 ·
I run a D-66 on a truck with Hybrids, Tuning and the amount of low boost fueling has alot to do with the life of a turbo. Also a good molly oil works wonders, I will let you know what the D-66 and the 250cc Hybrids do on the dyno. (The D-66 is not intended to be used with that much fuel):poke:

#28 ·
I hate to hi-jack this thread but I'm going to be swaping turbos soon and am still quite unfamiliar with the sizes and #'s. I'm looking for 1 that's not much bigger than my stock 96' but spools quicker with around 40 psi.

I've seen that CTD's can be front-halved?

Is there a kit for the PSD?

If so who and how much?

I plan to go with 160's and 17? (maybe) but want to see the results w/turbo and inj's 1st. I'm planning a much lighter truck (4.5k) so I shouldn't need the biggest turbo. :ford:

#31 ·
I believe it's still the thrust bearings that fail.
I know the D66 uses the stock center section if that answers your question.

Joe- if you're planning on staying with the 160's, the D66 would be great for you.
if you're like me and you know you'll eventually take it further, a h2e or hx50 would be a better bet as it would be much much easier to build more power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.