Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2000 front hubs

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Calico5 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Dave from BD Diesel here, got my brothers 2000 7.3 and front hubs are leaking, are these rebuildable or is it easier to just buy new ones.

Sorry guys a little green on the hubs

#2 ·
Hey guys,

Dave from BD Diesel here, got my brothers 2000 7.3 and front hubs are leaking, are these rebuildable or is it easier to just buy new ones.

Sorry guys a little green on the hubs
Leaking what from where?

#3 ·
It looks like there may be a crack on the outside of the hub assembly, I am assuming that is what is causing the leak. I am assuming the hubs need to be replaced, they are not rebuildable? Sorry if I sound like tool but I have not even seen them, talking to him via cell phone

I am an engine guy LOL,

#5 ·
There is nothing in there to leak out? They are vacuum activated hubs. Other than maby a little grease there is nothing to come out. The big snap ring around the outside edge holds them in. Pull the snap ring and pull the hub locker out.
Try and get more info if you could?

#7 ·
Not all are vacuum actuated (mine aren't!). Judging by the description, it sounds like the outer housing is busted. The only thing in there to leak would be the little bit of grease keepin' it all slick.

It looks like there may be a crack on the outside of the hub assembly, I am assuming that is what is causing the leak. I am assuming the hubs need to be replaced, they are not rebuildable?
The hubs are repairable/rebuildable...but the Warn hubs would be a good idea, since you'll be needing to replace the whole thing anyway.

Is it leaking here???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.