Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

WTF

2K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  matthewd11 
#1 ·
so I drove 3hr's last night to go to a pull, trying to get some stuff lined out on my truck but I think I got seriously hosed:mad:

I was the seconed puller in the class. the first guy couldn't hardly get the sled moveing and ended up tosted his clutch. then I got up there, got everything wound up and spun the he11 out of the tires and made it a wopping 98ft:doh:
then every one after us went 250ft plus including some trucks that looked to be basicly stock.
I really thought 4x4 wasn't kicked in or somthing so I pulled off the track and looked at that but everything was working fine. the only thing I can figure is the sled operator didn't have someting set right and realized it after I got done pulling, but I didn't get a second chance :confused:
I will admit I was only weighing about 7000lb becasue I was playing with some stuff but I find it hard to believe it would hurt me that bad, I sure some of the other guys pulling probably didn't weigh much more than that........

here's the video

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks like what happened to a guy in my class a few weeks ago, only he broke a rear axle shaft in the process. afterwards an official came up to him and gave him his hook fee back and apologized cuz the sled operator never released the brakes even tho the puller was given the green flag

#3 ·
Yeah looks like he didnt release the brakes or something

#4 ·
I'd be pissed off!

#9 ·
thanks for all the incuragement.
the worse thing is I have been fighting a few things on my truck all season, trying to get everything lined out and that felt like it was going to be a real good hook for the first few feet.
I just wish I had relized that it wasn't something wrong with my truck a little sooner, maybe I could have got another try at it :confused:

#13 ·
pulled last night with the same gear, weight and hitch hight, only differance was I had my 2.6 housing on instead of the 2.8. snuffed the turbo at about 281 feet witch was good enough for 4th out of about 12 trucks (only about 2ft out of 2nd)

it was pretty dark there so you cant see a great deal on the video but here it is anyway

#15 ·
thanks!
jonathan says it still has a lot left in it, so I'm starting to get pretty excited about this thing. hopefully we'll get it all lined out soon:evil

#18 ·
no actually we have talked about backing the fuel off some.
but that was the same basic tune as I have been running only I can get a few more rpms in it.

#20 ·
What rods are you running?

#21 ·
what ever rods they through in it back in 96;)

the heads have never been off this engine as far as I know

#25 ·
right now I just seeing a little over 40 psi, swamps says it should be closer to 55, so I'm trying to figure out where I'm loosing it right now

I have H11 studs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.