Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Front leaf spring help needed!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  OBSWIZ 
#1 ·
hey

i have TERRIBLE nose dive... going over a small bump will cause my front end to slam off of the axle stop blocks....:pointlaugh:

so ive been trying to find new front leaf springs... i dont have a hell of a lot of money and really can only do the work my self... no money... but want to be able to get it atleast leveler then what it is now.

in hunting... came accross some springs.. and from what ive found on here are the best ones... X code? highest weight rating..? for the price of 141.25 i believe for 2 of them..? normally would right? BUT the place is 65 miles one way.. so 141.25 plus 20 in fuel.. worth it??

thanks for the help!

#2 ·
Thats a pretty good deal for 2 springs. If you just want to level it and keep you springs there is a kit on ebay its a 2" shackle lift that drops your spring shackles down 2-3 inches. My buddy did it and it workes fine. But i would go the spring route but in the end they will start to sag again down the road.

#3 ·
my trucks leafs... are Shot. they are @ a negative artch only about 2 inches from the blocks on level ground with my low fuel light on.

if i replace the springs, do i have to replace all the bolts and blah blah blah or can i reuse my old bolts... mainly U bolts, if i need new bolts by the looks or feel of them but other then that... ive got pocket change :p

also, anyone know the torque specks??? for the front end bolts ill have to deal with.. U bolts, Leaf' bolts, center bolt?

thanks!

#4 ·
also, does anyone know how to identify the codes on the springs?

ive seen a few pictures.. and a bunch of letters and numbers.. but how do you figure out what Code the springs are?

just so if i go down and check them out... im not getting my ars handed to me with some junkers... or ill spend a day or 2 and add an extra leaf in there :D

thanks!!!!!

#5 ·
Order some 2" springs from tough country they ride pretty good and cost about $400 including trac bar relocation bracket but, i found it is best not to use it for the reason that it throws your axle way to far to the passenger side.

#6 ·
Here are 2. Great price grab them. I would get a adj track bar as every 2" of lift will shift the axle 1/2-3/4"
PM me if you need a price

X - 2C34-5310-AFA, 6,000 lb
X — 2C34-5310-AFA, 6,000 lb.

Cary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.