Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Finally Pulled

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jrmmustang 
#1 ·
Well went to the local fair last night and pulled in the stock diesel class well it was a all diesel class more for fun thing. But there were some trucks that were setup to pull. Luckly for me they didn't let them run hanging weights. So i ran 4lo 3rd gear (auto) with ID's x-race on did great but for the first 100 feet the turbo must have stuck cause it had no boost and was rolling coal then it kicked in and took off. Finished 4th out of 25 truck lost by 2 feet and was the ONLY FORD A couple of dodges and chevys broke but no fords broke :ford: But overall not bad considering some of the setup maxs and cumaparts (I say that cause one did come apart shot flames out and then was smoking blue really bad ) :pointlaugh:
P.S. the engine shut down after the run was over is that ok or is there something wrong it fired right back up.

#2 ·
Congrats! I cant wait to enter a pull, if I ever do.

On the note of your truck shutting off...mine has done that to me a few times, both when I was doing donuts and had it up around 3rd gear i'm guessing and I let off...and the truck died instantly. My guess is that the converter was still lock when I let off so quick and it just killed the motor, just like a standard without pressing the clutch would.

#6 ·
Thanks Guys I am only trying to figure out why i didn't boost right away after watching videos of other truck they seem to spool right away. jwarren what charger do you have it seems to come up fast.

#11 · (Edited)
My 97 has done the stalling bit as well, but what Rubenk said makes alot of sense. My died after a burn out ( had to see what the new tires smelled like.... does anyone else do that or am I just weird? ). When I got out of it, I was still holdin the brake and rolled off the throttle and it died. can't see youtube in Iraq, I will check out your pull when I get state side.

Jsimon- wouldn't it still run thru 1 and 2 and not go past 3rd? I guess I have never rolled out in anything other than OD like normal or Low while creepin around huntin and what not.

#12 ·
jsimon Now that you say it stayed in 3rd i watched the video and seen that it didn't shift so what you say is to shift through the gears should i down shift at the end too??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.