Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fuel Pump Mounting

993 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Calico5 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm just curious if there are any problems with running my fuel pump vertically. I'm trying to confine my pre and post pump filter setups and would need the pump to be mounted vertically to work. Stock pump btw.

#2 ·
Anyone? Also doe anyone know the thread pitch and size of the one removable fitting from the factory fuel pump?

#3 ·
The pump won't care what position it's in. It'll still pump fine mounted vertically.

IIRC, the fitting is a 10mm (metric) thread. Can't remember the thread-pitch, though (maybe a .5 or .75?).

There are some adapters available that will thread into the 10mm port and give you a hose barb or AN/SAE on the other end (I'm tryin' to find them again right now...lol).

#4 ·
That's what I thought about the pump position but I just wanted a little reassurance.

Let me know what you come across for the fittings cause I'd like something shorter than what is on there.

#5 ·
That's what I thought about the pump position but I just wanted a little reassurance.

Let me know what you come across for the fittings cause I'd like something shorter than what is on there.

Check HERE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.