Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fuel bowl cap??

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  HeavyAssault 
#1 ·
when removing the plastic cap is there a procedure to release any pressure or just unscrew it slowly?? I going to install my billet cap and fuel pressure sender tomorrow and would appreciate any info.....:confused:

Also my dumbass got in a hurry and broke the bit tip off in my exhaust mani so what would be the best way to plug it as it now has a nice lil hisssssssss??? JB weld or get it welded cause that damn bit aint comming out I give it hell with no progress....

#2 ·
should be able to pretty much just remove the caps. They got lots of threads and certainly not gonna blow out or anything. Be a good time to change the filter out too. Best to replace the o-ring while your at it too but its a pretty straight forward job.

#3 ·
No special procedures on taking the caps off.

What size bit did you break in your mainfold? You might try putting the manifold in the freezer over night then take it out and heat it really quickly for a short period of time with a butane torch around the bit then take a center punch and tap it gently and it should come out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.