Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

92 PowerStroke Mustang

49K views 78 replies 36 participants last post by  6speedSD 
#1 ·

We need help with ideas on this one . Up for any thing But still want it to be daily driven. Any ideas on engine plates ? Trans , Turbo , Turbos , Fuel sys. ?

Owner Jason Rabe , turbodad347

See less See more
#7 ·
Box the frame LOL! Hardly there are 1000 rwhp big block turboed foxes all over . Look at Tim Lynches outlaw car . David Wolf got another. My own Fox body has a 10 pt. and a mongo set of frame connectors thats all.

#8 ·
Might look into the oil filter set up off of an E series the hood line on these cars even with a huge cowl is not nice to play with sometimes. Motor plated are a snap 3/16 angle iron off the frame rails and build your plate off the nose of the engine. Cut the tunnel and put the 5r110 back behind the motor and call it a day.

#9 ·
Flip the exhaust manifolds and mount the turbo(s) in front so you don't have to worry about clearance by the firewall with 'em. I can't tell in the pics, but I guess the stock oil cooler fit? I'd definately look at doing the fuel bowl/filter and oil cooler/filter delete/relocate.

#11 ·
That's a 6.0, Jacob. :D

#13 ·
here are some of my plans, i have to get the motor plates made. use 6.4 manifolds flipped, i have not decided wether to use combos,parallel, or big single. will use 5r110, 8.8 rearend mini-tubbed with a 325 drag radial. no power steering, no a/c, pretty much just bare nec. just found out i will have to have a pretty heavily modified intake manifold. any input or suggestion is appreciated.

#30 ·
Not sure how much room you have in there, but you could always throw a Procharger in there with the turbo. A lot less piping to worry about than compounds. Just one pipe running from the Procharger to the turbo.

#33 ·
I've got an FC1 on mine, but there's a size bigger that'll fit on the bracketry. Call Buddy at Empire or get Dover to call 'em and they can figure out what you'd need. Plus it's just fun saying it's turbocharged AND supercharged. :D

#34 ·
Can you say cowl hood much LOL.

One thing I would have to say dont do is the 5r especially if its gonna drag alot. Too many shifts and they just wont hold up all that well. Since its a whatever you want project get an adapter plate and put a built 4r behind it. I would bet a 4r would pick up a few tenths in a 1/4 over a 5r.

Twin turbo it with a bunch of nitrous like the Banks truck, seems like that works good for a lightweight drag car and should be real drivable on teh street too.

#36 ·
Sweet, glad to see this is still going. :D

#39 ·
Thats pretty cool my 93 convertable would be pretty cool with that combo

My buddy put a 12v in his elcummino, doesnt seam to have the weight to load the turbo to its potential or something, needs juice i guess

Pssssst, Procharger. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.