Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lift Problems

3K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  boggerr 
#1 ·
Today I went to finish the lift in my truck (its a 6" Revtek), I went to put the Track bar in and its so far out of wack like the axle is twisted or something (See picks below how the upper end is far from the mount)
I've Loosened off the Spring bolts and the shackle bolts trying to move it but no luck, I even lossened the U-bolts again to try and see if the Axle maybe wasn't in correctly. However Ive measured the Wheelbase and they match, but it's now 139 1/2" I thought the Trucks were 137" ?

Anyone have any ideas ? Maybe the mount is bent ? It was in before the lift, and went in when I installed my leveling kit so I'm stumped :shrug:

See less See more
#6 ·
Ya thats what I thought....
But arent the bolts 2 different Diameters ? Meaning that you could only do up both mounts in one way.... ?

I put the big end in the front which is how my stock springs were placed.... Maybe they are :shrug:

#8 ·
So if the springs are not in backwards then ??? Bent mount ?

#9 ·
Possibly wrong front springs. That axle looks like its pushed way too far foward. Your track bar lines up with your steering arm so don't think anything is bent. Try this. Measure the distance from the front eye of the spring to the center pin, do the same from the rear eye of the spring. If its longer from the rear eye to the center pin than the front measurement, you have the springs in backwards.

#10 ·
The picture is hard to completely tell what's going on. It looks like the tracbar is not parallel to the axle. Loosen the lower tracbar bolt and then get it parallel to the axle and measure how far it is off. I recently installed Icon springs and they relocate the axle further forward than stock and would have the tracbar in a more forward position.

In order for the tracbar to work on a leaf spring truck, there will need to be some fore-aft movement. The shackles on the rear of the spring allow the axle to move rearward as the spring is compressed. If it lined up perfectly with no spring compression, then it might bind at maximum compression. I'd be inclined to say all is well and you just need to get it back into the bracket.

#11 ·
Just looked at the revtech kits. Do your front springs have the military wrap?

When you tightened all your spring bolts did you have the the full weight on the srings? Meaning tires on and no jack stands holding anything up.

#12 ·
By military wrap you mean the bigger end right ?.... Then Yes And the rear measurment is longer, but I was told that the big end goes foward ???

And yes, Ive tried tightening and lossening and putting the bar in several ways, the only time I had it in was when the front spring bolts were pulled and the housing was pushed back 2 inches.....

#13 ·
Here are pics of the stock springs (just to get my head around which end goes foward)
I put the new springs in the same way the stockers came out which was the larger end foward (first pic)

#15 ·
So then how is the trac bar out that much ???

#16 ·
Yep you have them in there right. I was just looking at your Sig. Did you leave the 2" leveling kit in? If so what kind of kit is it? If all you have is shackels for the leveling kit it's going to push the axle forward. My leveling kit has the extended front hangers and shackles, with the 6" kit added the axle is perfectly centered. What's got me with yours is from the first pic looks like the rear of the axle(yoke side) is spun down by the way the top spring plate looks.

#17 ·
Yes, It is just a 2" shackle drop from Pro Comp.... I was wondering if that was the problem, but the stock springs were in there ??

It might look funny its sitting on a steep driveway :shrug:

Maybe I should drop the leveling kit then ? But I thought I've herd of guys using the shackle drop as a cheap way to add to a lift

#21 ·
#22 ·
Hmm, I wonder if it would be worth my time to remove it then....

Thats really the only other option, I have tried several others and no luck

#23 ·
I know it sucks after going through all that but it might be worth a try. Is your front drive shaft hooked up?
Only thing I can think of that would be throwing it off like that, unless the Revtech kit has a different style upper track bar bracket.

Here is my track bar bracket

#24 ·
See I thought maybe the bracket, but if you look that means it would run into the pitman arm.... Which I know is not right.... No the drive shaft isnt in, Im gonna try taking the leveling kit out....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.