Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Finally ready for the strip

7K views 80 replies 25 participants last post by  Kind 
#1 ·
Finally got my drag tires. I've been waiting for this day to come since I bought the truck. All that is missing is my new TC but that's ok, I'll just run a smaller jet combo...... or not:evil

I did a 17psi launch on a back road with a coldmix top and only spun through 1st then she bit and I was gone(fuel only). My Caltrac's are still loose preload wise and my tires were filled with 30psi. I have quite a bit of room for improvement.

I had plans on goin to the NHRDA race in Medicine Hat this weekend but I kinda don't feel like driving 8hrs lol. So if my laziness gets the best of me I'll just go hit up Castrol Raceway in Edmonton(only 2.5hrs away) friday night for the street legals. Either way I'll have some times by the end of the weekend to share with ya'll. I'm hoping to give the current known record holder a run..........Matt:poke: It will all depend on weather and how much my tranny will like the power. Project X cut 1.60-1.70 60ft times with the same rear suspension and tire setup with a lot more power so I think a good time will hinge greatly on my stock tranny.

Hey does anyone know what the conditions were like when Matt ran his 11.8 i.e weather, altitude???

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
project x never had 1058 ..they messed up in dp mag and accidentally put in brian carter's stats... i whipped that truck bad at truckfest a couple years ago..he was running 13's .. i heard it ran 11's..and probaly did..but certainly wasnt over 1000hp ... how hard you gonna spray it?

if you have any cal trac questions..let me know.. i been thru that before. your truck is gonna haul ass!!

#6 ·
I never read that in Diesel Power. That was strait from Greg's and Jason's mouth. Greg was sayin last night they never had a 10" wide rim when they converted the rear end with the 5 bolt pattern and never ran the same tire afterwards. Did they have the M&H's on when you raced???

As far as nitrous..... I'm gonna start small. Probably a .42 and a .64. But I won't be hitting the juice till I get the Caltrac's and tires hookin on fuel. How'd you like the Caltrac's??

#5 ·
nice set up man. love your truck. how good are those caltracs? also what size dr's are you runnin. im tryin to find a set for mine but gotta find at least a 29 to 30" tall drag radial in a 18" rim or bigger. its tough finding these sizes.
when you hit the track, drop your pressure to about 20 or so. i believe thats what they recommend

#7 ·
Yeah I originally wanted to run a full blown slick but no good sizes in a 17 and up. I even called a few tire manufactures about making some. I had to settle on these M&H DR 390/40/17. OD of 29.5.

I just installed the Caltrac's yesterday so I have very little opinion on them as of yet besides they are sensitive to adjustments lol.

Thanks on the comment of the truck:ford:

#8 ·
i wouldnt believe everything greg told me, ever...although he does look good as a stripper..lol

as for the caltracs..they were great, ease of installation, ease of adjustment they were great. just find a spot, maybe a turn or so past tight, then do a burn out and adjust the side that leaves lighter burnout mark a bit tighter. blowby helped me a ton with mine and it worked. make the burnouts match in darkeness the best you can, mark your spots and your golden. make sure you use anti-seize religiously, they get a lot of stress..

#10 ·
Hey does anyone know what the conditions were like when Matt ran his 11.8 i.e weather, altitude???
Matt ran at the Atlanta Raceway in Commerce, GA. The weather was pretty humid and pretty warm that night.....and dont forget he did it on 7 cylinders, not 8 :bowfast:

Good luck by the way, and I hope we do have another 6.4 in the 11's

#11 ·
Good luck, remember to spray the tires with some VHT before you hit the line. Many 2wd'ers have found a lot of luck by leaving the line with very little boost then hitting a .060 jet or so about 20-30 feet out. I think leaving with very little boost and easing out willl be the key, course the compounds will help. I watched Project X cut more than one 1.6 60 ft, but that was after a lot of passes and tuning.

#16 ·
I'm gonna just go to Edmonton for there street legals tomorrow night. Medicine Hat is a long drive from home. I might got to the Saskatoon races the following weekend but I'm not set on them either.

what brand is m&h ? also what width rim you using? probably at least a 10 or 12" huh? its weird, some 17's dont clear my rear calipers and some do. 29.5 would be pretty good for me with my 4.30 gear. maybe ill go that route. thanks for the info.
M&H is the brand. I have a 10" wide rear rim.

your numbers in the sig on nitrous or fuel only...?
That number is on the bottle. Fuel only I did something like 540/1190. Non of the runs I did loaded my truck up enough(max37psi). Once I hit the track we'll see what it really has.

#19 ·
I say the 2wd is gonna walk all over these 4wds :D Good luck!

#20 ·
i say 12.50's @ 113-114 ... traction will be everything..but as light as that truck prolly is ...good lord...who knows!! good luck!

not sure if your #'s were corrected or not, but mine were 570 on fuel and 678 on spray(corrected) ..trap speed says about 699-706 rwhp

#38 ·
I agree, it is a bad ass ride. Had a vision to build a quad cab 2x4 couple of years back but couldn't make myself shell out the dough for the diesel. Well now I did, and ohhh soo happy! :ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.