Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Peace of mind?

505 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Chip 
#1 ·
ok, i will try to explain...i have owned cummins and powerstrokes.The cummins ,i felt like i could not break it(felt confident)but with the 7.3 im anticipating a failer of some kind(not confident).both trucks are very well maintained and are the same year.So back to cummins:shrug:for its simpleness and legandary reliability,or 7.3 for its complicated fun.but the thing is i never had any problem with the powerstroke and i still feel this way:confused:

#3 ·
LOL... Cummins left alone will run forever... Powerstroke left alone will run for a while...

#7 ·
I wouldn't say "complicated" just a different design than what the Cummins is. Any engine can seem complicated if you don't fully understand what it takes for it to run properly. Personally, of the high mileage 7.3's and Cummins out there, I think they live a pretty equal life as far as longevity goes(I'm talkin stock or lightly modded trucks only). I know of quite a few of both with over 400,000 on the clock and still running fine. They will each require proper maintenance and they each can have their "bugs" to be worked out.
By the way, was this a question or were you just making a statement?

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.