Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

blew headgasket at number 1 cyl.!

4K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  bbbxcursion 
#1 ·
Jason from carson stauffer diesel call me yesterday and told me the news. the good news is the head is at the machine shop today already and maybe be ready for this weekend. Price don't seem to be as bad as i thought but i'm just getting the one head done for right now.
Check out the white smoke at the end, you can see it above the trailer.

#2 ·
Nice run whipping up on a Dodge.

#3 ·
Todd, so no coolant into the cylinder, that's good news! Vids do that truck no justice, either looks, or sound. That thing sounds so mean.

#14 ·
I'm getting t/c first. Jason called me again today and he said swamps change the rod and piston as a precaution. Because they had a guy just change the headgasket and a few weeks later threw a rod out the side of the block! b/c of the possable stress put on the rod like Dom stated to me. And im getting a BTS t/c so my BD will be up for sale here shortly.

#17 ·
Heads got fireringed replaced rod on that cyl. for furure safeness.

#20 ·
it's running now, just need NEW TUNES and a few other things like changed shift points on the chip.

#21 ·
Got it all done and Heads are STILL leaking! motors coming out again and getting h-11's screw them arp's.

#24 ·
Carson hot retorqued the heads and the studs didnt go any further down!!! not sure on the pressure test.
The heads were gone over at the machine shop so i guess they didnt need machined. i never ran it hot or even warm after it blew but who knows.

#26 ·
H-11's have higher tinsile strenth. I might have stretched the arp's also. gst?

#38 ·
Ok, so the machine shop put 5 good firerings and 3 that were wrong, thats what the problem was on the still leaking heads.:mad::doh::lame:

#40 ·
Not machine shop fault!!! They cut groves like I told them to. Gaskets and rings came from a different place. Gaskets were not the problem. Problem was OD of rings. They were not consistent in size. Got new ones from same place same thing.Several fit groves perfectly several dont. So got some coming from the same place as I get my cummins fire rings. I had 6 of them in stock and they all fit perfect. Need 2 more. They will be here monday. Whole thing really stinks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.