Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

WTF happened?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  motoxracer42 
#1 ·
Hey all,

so I just loaded a tune from river city diesel that I got for free so I thought I would try it out just cause, even though I am running matt's tunes and love them. Here is the email I sent to the tuner describing it. Whhat can I do/ what happened?

"Hey so I just loaded your tune and now the truck won't start, and I can't change the tune or return it to stock, and even my edge insight won't communicate with it. What's the deal? It loaded it just fine, I didn't touch the key or tuner, and it said download complete. I've changed tunes numerous times and this has never happened. I unplugged the batteries for 10 mins and it did nothing. What do I do?"

#8 ·
well I was on the phone for a while with SCT and he did a whole bunch of stuff, and then was able to return my truck back to stock. He told me that it was because my firmware wasn't updated and that the tune that messed everything up would be fine to run. Well... After all of that I put the tune back on and guess, what? same problem :doh: And now SCT is closed. Again :doh: I'm pissed, my truck has been down for over a day now! WTF!

#11 ·
I would say the simple solution is don't put that tune on ever again !!!

Actually don't put a tune on that's not written FOR your engine by someone competent....
If I loaded an Apple operating system on your pc, would you expect it to work ?

just because someone sells (or gives away) tunes, doesn't mean he's competent :evil

#12 ·
Ya I know what you are saying, that tune is what was causing the problem so it ain't going on again! I would agree with you but river city diesel is known for their tunes for the 6.4 so I thought that the guy could get it right for a tune for the 6.0, I didn't necissarily think it would be the best, especially after how much I love Matt's tunes, but I thought he would at least be able to do it right. I guess not... Turbo from them is great though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.