Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My Speedo stucky

651 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fbilly420 
#1 ·
No I don't wear a banana hamick. My dd is a early 99 reg cab 6spd. Last week I had some trouble with the batteries they were low in the mornings when I would go to start. Charged them, it started and it was fine all day. Happended a few more times then they were pretty much junk would only hold 6.7volts. New batteries yesterday and it was fine today except I get in go down the road and the speedo says 70-75. So drive down the innerstate go faster than 75 and it picks up. Get off the exit and still stuck. Come home still stuck, dissconect the batts and stays up, unplug the rear end sensor and still up. Put it on 2 jack stands and run it up to the speed limiter 97 or so. Stop the wheels turned it off and now its barried way past 100. Drove it to sb game it moved back to 75 turn the key off and it went all the way up again. Sorry its a long post but figured it would save the questions.

Help

#3 ·
Its a six manual and it seems to shift fine. I did run it up to 97 on stands. I know I know its not safe but little things being broke or screwed up bug the crap out of me. I will do just about anything once twice if it works. I dont see why if the batteries are dissconnected how the speedo is staying up with now juice.

#4 ·
I have run into this problem many of times with chevys. Not sure if it will be the same. On the chevys I have always had to replace the instrument cluster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.