Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

anybody running TOYO open country mt

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  kfluke 
#1 ·
I'm running 33x12.50x18s on 18x9 wheels, just got them 6 weeks ago or so, really like them but they fill like the sidewalls roll. I really notice it when i was passing some cars at a pretty good speed, when switching lanes it felt like the azz end was going to swap out on me:eek:

I check air pressure they had 50-54psi, i ran them up to 62, the tire max says 65 and they are E rated. any ideals:confused:

thanks in advance

#4 ·
If you do light loaded driving, try lowering the rear pressures a bit, maybe 10 psi. It sounds wrong, but I had similar handling issues with my tires, and this 'softer footprint' theory worked out for me. Just don't forget about them being lower when hooking up to a trailer.
Try if you will to call me on the fact I run BFG KM2's, but they both have similar golfball sized lugs...

#8 ·
I believe those are only rated at 2910lbs per tire at 65psi (Toyo changed their site and it doesn't show load ratings now).

I would not air them down....Front end probably has around 5000lbs on it empty, I'd run 65 psi in the fronts myself.

I run a 325/65R18 GY (35/13R18) on my 07 and since I tow and haul heavy I run 65 psi (max) in all 4, but mine are rated at 3860lbs per tire.

#9 ·
I believe those are only rated at 2910lbs per tire at 65psi (Toyo changed their site and it doesn't show load ratings now).

I would not air them down....Front end probably has around 5000lbs on it empty, I'd run 65 psi in the fronts myself.

I run a 325/65R18 GY (35/13R18) on my 07 and since I tow and haul heavy I run 65 psi (max) in all 4, but mine are rated at 3860lbs per tire.
Note that I recommended lowering ONLY the REAR TIRES, never did I recommend lowering the front tires. Read the damn response before replying.

#12 ·
well i lowerd them all down to 46psi and it did help some but the front looked a little squaty, i dont know maybe they are just a soft compound and i need to get some miles on them, i dont put alot of miles on the truck.

thanks for all you're inputs, if i get it figured out i will post back, thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.