Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Best train horn?

14K views 98 replies 33 participants last post by  smokinstroker 
#1 ·
Since they're always coming up with new product lines, what's the best horn out there right now?

#3 ·
Get a set of Nathans or a set of Leslies. They are expensive, but they are the best.

#4 ·
I can say that Farm boy has some loud azz horns...Ive heard them

#7 ·
I loved my Conductor's Special set-up from Hornblasters.com. I've heard some that were a little louder, but none that had a better tone imo. And I think most that were at events that the Pumpkin was at will agree, they were plenty loud enough. :D

#8 ·
Hands down the best Train horns are the ones on the trains i run :poke::D

#9 ·
Nathans are the best but they are $$$$$

We sell both the Nathans and the Shocker series from Hornblasters and for the $$$ you can't beat the Shocker series horns.

#12 ·
What's the difference in the Shockers and the Conductor's Special?

#17 ·
My brother has a 4 trumpet shocker air horn. Great tone, great price, quite loud! Nice little DIY kit.

#20 ·
I beat the crap outta mine on the orange truck and never had an issue with 'em.

#27 ·
there was a group buy awhile back..maybe do it again
:Dhttp://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30356

#28 ·

There is no delay, not sure why the camera picked it up that way...

#29 ·
Air volume is what you want. You can have 200psi and if you don't have the right size line to carry the volume, it wont do right. At least that is how I understand.

I would use at least 1/2" air hose. 5/8 would really be nice.

BTW, Nathen's are the most commonly used train horns on trains these days.
The Leslie's like I have were more common upto the late 1970's

Again, this is just from the research I have done online.

#33 ·
There is a pic in 8-lug mag, of a truck with the horns under the front bumper sticking straight out, its lifted so not much worry of dragging the horns.
I have a set of Nathan k5 horns love them, took them off trying to relocate in a better place still havent decided yet.

#43 ·
If Ya want instant on get the real deal Grahm-White Valve. You have to run the air line into and out of the cab and build a bracket. Just be ready for everyone asking "What's that there lever for?". Then you get to say "Here, let me show ya"LOL. Definately go with the Nathans, you won't be sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.