Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Leaf Spring Compatibility

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Bigtimearcher 
#1 ·
My truck's leaf springs have taken a crap and before I order new ones, I was wondering if I could use a buddy's set off his newer superduty.

My truck is a 2000 4x4 ex cab short box, his is a 2006 4x4 Crew cab short box..... would they fit up?

I can get his springs for a case of beer, or 400 bucks through the dealership

#2 ·
I would spend the case of beer and find out. I bet you get to help drink it anyways. If you lose, it aint' that bad.

And you own a set of springs that I bet you can sell and at least get your money back.

#4 ·
Rears should fit. Dont know if its different from a 03 6.0l or not. But ive got dually springs in my 02. Fronts should be coils on a 06.

#5 ·
whooops, I forgot to mention only the rear springs are shot! I am fully aware that the newer trucks have the coil setup up front....but I'm just worried about the back.

Anyways, I'm gonna give em a whirl....can't be any worse than what I have now! Every day I drive with them and make it to work and back is a little miracle! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.