Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Problems with Zex WOT

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Gollonbait 
#1 ·
I am hooking up a Zex Pro Racing kit and for some reason the wide open throttle sensor is working backwards. As soon as I turn on the arming switch the NOS begins to spray . If I go to WOT is stops. All ideas are welcome. I have chesked and rechecked the wiring and do not see anything wrong. But I figure there are some of ya'll out there that are good with relays and such that might be able to help. Frustrated!!!

#2 ·
lol that doesnt make much sense why it would do that. so you wired power through the arming switch and then into the micro switch for the pedal, then out to the relay right? im not sure whats all involved in the zex kit. how many prongs are on your micro switch on the pedal. if there are 3 than you might have to switch them around.

#3 ·
There is no switch on the pedal. It wires in to your existing TPS. That wire comes from a switch that I know is the wrong switch that was sent ot me. I tried to make it work but I think this is the problem. The instructions say locate the line that connects the turbos wastegate pressure fitting to the manifold pressure fitting. Cut this rubber line and install the boost pressure switch "inline" secure the rubber hose "ENDS". Well this is hard to do when the switch they gave me only has 1 hose fitting. I thought I could make this work by installing a 3 way hose fitting. That way is could read boost. But this switch also has a wire that splices into your existing TPS. I guess the switch is the problem. I have been over this wiring at least a dozen times and the results a totally retarded lol. I get different results everytime. I am going to have to get the correct switch and see if it will work. But thanks for the help. I will get the new one and try it.

#4 ·
o well i think that kit is for a different truck. we dont have any wategate so i guess you would have to run off of a map sensor. i think your better off changing the system up a little. run a micro switch off of your pedal so the nitrous sprays at full throttle. its pretty simple.

#5 ·
i had that same POS TPS switch and ditched it for a microswitch on the pedal.. IIRC you have 3 different wires for TPS in the pedal harness and they proof against each other..the wrong wire may give you an inverse reading... I found the right wire and that stupid box still wouldn't set and work correctly..

for the boost switch, just cut a T in line with your tubing for your boost gauge at the firewall in the cab...

#6 ·
A micro switch sounds like the answer, I can't tell you guys what a help ya'lls suggestions have been. It is 10:15 and I have just sighed on to check this. I have been trouble shooting this thing since 8:00 this morning. UGHHH!! Wished I would have checked this at sometime before now. I am going to the Ford place in the morning and make sure I am on the correct wire for TPS. Then call Zex. Also I did put a tee in the line so I could install the sensor. Thanks again guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.