Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Wheres the power?

4K views 41 replies 15 participants last post by  Seabee08FX4 
#1 ·
I dyno'd my truck today at Beans with the 275 spartan tune. I only pull 433.7 hp and I think it was just over 900 ft lb's of torque. I figured its would do better considering the 530+ put down down by the 310 tune. I loose some by the 36's I know.

#21 ·
Yes, I am serious. There are many threads brought up about this on the Spartan forum. The ECM has adaptive learning on these trucks, and overtime it kills the power.

I don't think so, i've had my looney tune from DJ in for along time and i've dynoed twice and had the same numbers each time... Never heard of that, of course mine is a 6.0 so i dunno if that makes a difference....
I am not sure if it makes a difference or not, but this does occur with the 6.4

ive never heard that either..my truck runs consistent #'s at the track ... i dont think im seeing any power loss.
With the fact that you run the 310 tune, you might have one of the files that Matt has fixed the adaptive learning with. He is trying to play with it some, and he thinks he may have a fix for it. It is part of the testing with the 310

#19 ·
I don't think so, i've had my looney tune from DJ in for along time and i've dynoed twice and had the same numbers each time... Never heard of that, of course mine is a 6.0 so i dunno if that makes a difference....

#22 ·
There is adaptive learning for sure, i think matt is learning how to get around it but im not sure, the thing is about the track is you are pounding on it consistantly so the trans, and engine are expecting it, i tell you want both times i have got on the highway after drag racing and it pulled harder then it ever has so i think it adapts the other way too.

#23 ·
after i got a custom street file it is still getting quicker and smoother everytime i drive it and i have put 200 miles on it, but they say it "should" learn in about 30 ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.