Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What batteries are y'all running in your 6.0"s ?

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  BUFF 
#1 ·
I need new ones. Its an 04 6.0 with no motor mods. What should I get? I got a shop with 900 crank Dekos for $75 each....

#2 ·
buy those Dekas and don't look back... I've got them in my truck, bike and RV. East Penn makes one of the best batts available.

#4 ·
optima yellow's

#7 ·
#10 ·
Well for what they cost I sure hope the new ones I have last longer than that. But if they die quick I will let ya'll know

#12 ·
Napa in mine

#15 ·
I replaced the stock motorcrafts after 6 years, but only because one was damaged in the collision before I bought it. My dad's '03 is on the OEM motorcrafts still and they're still going strong. With that said, I replaced mine with a pair of Interstate MTP-65 batteries and wouldn't use anything else.

#17 ·
Did'nt do it on purpose but somehow I went into Advance auto hell bent on some yellow tops and came out with two shinny new duralast's.....lol (for about ten $'s less than one yellow top) So far so good but the charging system on these ford's are a lil shady so good luck with whatever ya buy...

#22 ·
Anyone use the Die Hard Platinums? My 3yr old duralast are about done. Running on just one doesn't have enough to start the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.