Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

There's a party in LUMBERTON, TX right now....

3K views 50 replies 13 participants last post by  BigStroker 
#1 ·
Actually it is just me in my driveway changing out my turbo pedistal o-rings, need someone to hang out and drink beer and make fun of me while I work.
Benny Ave, off of 96 under the big blue water tower. Stop by if you wish.

Justin

#3 ·
Ha I would come by. that's a lil far from Alvin

#7 ·
the only thing kickin my arse right now is the heat, and that dang downpipe v-clamp.

#11 ·
This will probably go into the night. Gonna have to get my wife to swing by the beer store in Beaumont on her way home from work.

#10 ·
Well I hit a snag. Where is the easiest/best place to unbolt the back side of the turbo? At the exhaust manifolds? By the way, I want my lift gone!! My knees are killing me. Anybody got a leveling kit to trade for my 6 in lift?

#12 ·
Damn, a double wammy, I just gave up some free Astros tickets for tonights game, right on 1st base line. This job shoulda waited till tomorrow.

#14 ·
My dumb@$$, I didn't notice the v-clamp on the backside of the turbo.......:doh:

#16 ·
I have to ration my drinkin, I got 3 left and my wife isn't due home for another couple hours. Wish I could send my 10 year old to the store on his bike to get me a 12 pack and some snuff like the old days, but this is a dry town!

#18 ·
Well the darkness cut me off for the night. Finally got the clamp on the backside to give way, now, how do I undo the EBPV linkage so I can finally pull the turbo off? Wish I had the coin for a new turbo, I don't really feel like doin this again. By the way, I am out of beer now.

#21 ·
You should stop by sometime. I'll be busy at it sometime tomorrow. The wife has to work tomorrow, so the kids and I are pretty much stranded till I get it fixed.

#31 ·
:bowfast:Well Jason (gracing) knocked on my door a little bit ago, five minutes after shakin his hand, he had my turbo off and in my hands. Now I can finish her up and get it back on the road. I'll still be outside most of the day polishing things up and degreasing my mess.

#36 ·
The one from the uppies or the one on the downpipe? Either way, fasten it around the pipe, very loosely, about to fall off. Align the pipe and work the clamp over both pieces. Have a socket and stubby racthet ready to go to work.

#37 ·
The one from the up-pipes.....started to rain, takin another break. The one for the down pipe is pretty easy. I have to lay across the motor to get both hands on the back one....if I could just lose about 30 more lbs it would be easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.