Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

one piece dirveshaft

3K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  smokinstroker 
#1 ·
have talked to a couple buddies about getting a one piece driveshaft instead of the 2 piece. what do yall think?

i have heard that the joints cause a serious amount of power loss and of course you wont have to worry about your carrier barring going out anymore...

#5 ·
Yes and they are Aluminum and are LARGE diameter.

I spoke with a driveline shop and asked them this question and they said that it would have to be to large of diameter and to thick to actually be feesable.

(The heavier you make the tube the harder is wips like a jump rope at freeway speeds)

They said the best bet was to stay with two piece type and optimize U-joint angles for a lifted truck.

#7 ·
You need to run a heavier tube to keep them from whipping at high speeds....harder to balance as well.

I've never been a fan of that heavy of a driveshaft.

I recommend a two piece shaft with a CV.
Of course, that's what I run on my lifted truck :D

OUO now has two piece shafts with CVs for sale...you also run their driveline drop with this.

#24 ·
I just bought mine and have only had it for about a month. I know two other people with the same one as mine. One is a truck on 49's and the other one is an 08 with 15" of lift that pulls an airboat everyday. I paid $260 for mine with new brute force u-joints. And out of all the s h i t I have put on my truck, this is by far the best damn mod. NO MORE SHIMS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.