Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

TEXAS DIESEL SHOOTOUT

21K views 340 replies 29 participants last post by  aggie 
#1 ·
The first Friday race was postponed a week due to the track closing for the July 4th holiday.

Diesel Innovations, Hellmann Performance, HotRodDiesels is sponsoring a race at Houston Raceway Park/Baytown this Friday night. For those newbie's we usually do this the 1st Friday of every month.

$200 to win. The $200 will be a gift certificate to be spent at 1 of the 3 shops. We will match up the 2 quickest/fastest to a winner takes all race. Red lights count. Heads up, no breakout, run what ya brung, and hope you brung enough.

The final race will be about 9-10pm. Get there early so you can get some runs in. The entries into the "money" race will be based on timeslips from THAT day/night.

The rules are: The truck has to be a licensed and inspected streetable diesel truck. No trailer queens, they have to race MDW.

We've had some great winners since we've started this. For awhile it was a Cummins but the last few months it's been a Duramax. Where are the Fords?? Who's going to take the win this month? Cummins, Duramax, Ford??

Even if you're not racing, it's still a good time talking trucks and listening to the 3 shop owners talking trash with each other...

See you at the track,

Michael Watkins
Joe Hellmann
David Lott

See less See more
#3 ·
this is the new trophy we will be giving out, Then at the end of the year we will have a finals trophy that will be a lot bigger. We are also going to be changing up the format as well where you eliminate each other till you have a final winner.

#4 ·
That is nice. Yall are really stepping things up. Im mad that I cant make it tonight. $#&*! work. I have got to make this thing a part of my schedule from now on. Have fun.

#7 ·
Last night the 2 quickest trucks were 11.95 and 12.03.

Scott "School Bus" won this months local Diesel Truck competition put on by Hellmann Performance, Diesel Innovations and HotRodDiesels at Houston Raceway Park. :Cheer:

Scott ran his first 11s 1/4 mile Friday night. :rockwoot: But then backed it up with all runs in the 11s. Congratulations again. I am impressed, hard enough to get 7000lb plus truck in the 11s, doing it lifted on 35s in full street trim is friggin awesome. :woohoo:

He beat Eric's Duramax that has been taking the prize to Louisiana. I will let others detail the races.

Here are videos of Scott's runs.

First run of the night:

YouTube - Dodge Ram Cummins 11s 1/4 ET

Finals run:

YouTube - Scott HRP Finals Run 071009 - 11s 1/4 ET

Rerun between Scott and Eric after the finals:

YouTube - Scott Dodge Ram Cummins vs Duramax Challenge Race

#14 ·
Wish I could have made it out there. Scott is a cool guy. I have talked with him many times at Relentless while Chris is tuning on his truck.

Hope to get some Fords in this winner circle. Danny :poke: :D

#17 ·
Is this the first friday of the month? If so it will be Aug 7 correct?
Yes, you can get there early and get your runs in but the face off generally happens around 10ish.

#25 ·
I should be there.

#29 ·
Ill be there. :rockwoot:
Can you bring your own beer in there?

#30 ·
Think I might go this time...

#34 ·
OK im going...i'll be their around 7ish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.