Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Is this how it all starts?????

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  !!!PainTrain!!! 
#1 ·
Dropped the truck off at the dealer last night for a few "End of standard warranty issues". Among minor things i also told them that i have some coolant loss when running the truck loaded down.( 3k in the bed and about 12k in trailer + the trailer) . They called me this afternoon and said they pressure tested the system and said the head gaskets are ok, but the egr and oil cooler are both leaking. (truck only has 19,000 miles on it, never tuned etc) How does this sound to alot of you guys that know more about 6.0's than me.

#2 ·
If it's covered just let them replace it. Egr's go bad all the time, so I don't doubt it...

#3 ·
The standard warranty for the 6.0 is 5yr/100k on the motor, let them fix it. its 3yr/36k on everything else if its an early build 06, if its a later build its 5yr/60k on the powertrain (tranny, axles, pumpkins), and 3yr/36k on everything else.

#4 ·
I need to check my book in truck, build was in 1/06, but oasis i think listed 5 year 60k. I will check all my papers in truck. I just thought that a bad egr cooler and oil cooler @ 19 k was a little soon.

#7 ·
Got the truck back last night, man am i pissed. i keep my truck spotless inside and out.(including under the hood) what ever azzhat worked on my truck got oil etc ALL OVER the place.( i mean on the fan, inside and outside shroud, all over tops of both batteries, all over all the wires, plastic covers on passengers side fender, all down the sides of the engine and every where eles you can imagine) They offered this morning to clean it but i told them that they would not be able to clean it the way it was, or get it clean enough for me. awaiting call from general mgr. what dipsh#ts.:doh::doh:

#8 ·
Wow, when I took my truck to the dealer my engine bay came back so clean I couldn't believe it! Hope you get it worked out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.