Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

toyo mt, or goodyear mt

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  imelmo 
#1 ·
How many miles are you guys getting out of your toyo or goodyear mud terrains? im looking to get the 35 inch and not sure which one to go with.

#7 ·
Toyo MT's... Never had a set go less then 60k... Rotate every 3-5 k and they will last.

#9 ·
got about 30k miles on my 285 toyos, but towards the end i stoped rotating them.

#13 ·
And ran them down to racing slicks......

I'd have to see the proof. None of the Toyo's I've been around have lasted that well. Dad tears up M55's like its nothin, my uncle averages 35 on his AT's, and well, your Toyo's sucked balls Joe (lil).

My Cepeks are gonna make 30K, and I wore the #### outta them with a front end that was on the verge of falling off for the first 12K miles or so....

#11 ·
My toyo's have around 40k. They still have pretty decent tread left. My buddy has mtr's (old style) on his truck. I'll have to see what he has on them. Are you talking about the new mtr's, which are bad ass looking? The other problem is that the mtr's are only "D" rated.

#14 ·
Cody Cody Cody... You've seen the X... It had almost 55k on those when chelsea pulled them off:poke:... Mine right now have 30k or so...

#16 ·
I'm not around your truck very often, I don't live at your house like Joe.....

All I can speak of is the tires I've watched get put on, and worn out. Lots of other options that have performed about the same. To me, they are status tires. If they work for you, awesome. I still wouldn't carry them in my bed unless I got them for next to free.

#18 ·
how is the road noise with these tires? probably going to get the 35 12.50 18 because toyo rates it for a 8.5 inch wheel, stock is 8 inch.

#19 ·
Can anybody comment about road noise?

#20 ·
Road noise is minimal. I have ran through a set of Toyo MT and they are not loud at all to me. I am running the cooper stt now. They look almost identical to the toyo and they are a lot cheaper. And in my case cooper makes a 35x13.5 r20 in which toyo does not. But with any mud tire, keep the air pressure right on and rotate as much as you can and they should last.

#21 ·
Never had the Goodyears, but I loved my Toyos that were on the orange truck (37x13.5x17). They wore excellent for as bad as I treated them, road noise was minimal, and they handeled well. I'd definately get another set of 'em if I was gonna lift my truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.