Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Rear lift springs

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Sprman 
#1 ·
I've been tossing around the idea of lifting the back of my truck up another inch or two, and currently have a block in the back. I'm thinking of going to a 5" or 6" Icon block. Will this ride better than a set of 6" lift springs? I need to get traction bars too, but hate shelling out $1300 for the OUO traction blocks. What's the best way for me to go about this?

#2 ·
the OUO setup is by far the best setup there is.... but they are pricey.... you can do a full deaver leaf spring setup but that will probably be about as much if not more than the OUO setup, but the ride will be great... it just depends on what youre going to use the truck for and what you want to get out of it

#3 ·
The truck is just a daily driver. It pulls my 4Klb boat to the lake about 3-4 times per month. No heavy towing........yet. How well would airbags work in the rear? Can you use them for 'lifting' an inch or two? Do they ride harsh with a little air in them, though the truck is empty?

#14 ·
Seeing this late and just throwing my input since i was mentioned, even if it's too late. The bars i have are actually look NOTHING like the OUO bars like some people say all the time. The only similarity is that they use a "block" system rather than welding or bolting on the axle. OUO bars are very well designed and with my personal opinion, so are these. I almost got a set of OUO. If you want more info on them, you will have to PM me. I don't want to start anything with a few others on here. I've seen a few other people that have made their own set and they look more like the OUO bars than the ones i have. I've compared mine to a set of OUO and other than both being traction block systems, they look NOTHING alike. Mine work great and i have no binding or wheel hope. dropped my 60' time from 2.2 down to 1.8 just by adding these.

This is my opinion and i am in no way associated with the company other than i have these bars. I get no kick back for anything. I am just a regular guy that was offered a deal so i took it. I don't know what all went down in the past with the people involved, and don't want to know cause each story will be different. Like i said, my bars look nothing like the OUO bars.

#8 ·
You can do the 5" or 6" block and then do a OUO traction bar (not traction block).

Since you have a short bed you could do the fixed bars with the weld on axle mount:
http://trucktoyzstore.com/realm/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1865&idcategory=366

By far the best built and designed bars on the market.
There are key engineering flaws with most bars on the market in that they will not eliminate axle wrap and/or they will bind the suspension......even the mentioned knock-offs don't work too well based on videos I've seen of them in action.
It actually takes a little bit of engineering to have a traction bar that works well, like the OUO Traction Bars and Traction Blocks :D

#10 ·
How hard are the weld-on one's to install? How do you know where to exactly put the tabs? What do you recommend them to be welded with: (ie: Arc, Mig, etc)?

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.