Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Cant decide Icon 4.5'' or 7''

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  az350 
#1 ·
Im really stuck......i cant decide between going with an Icon 4.5'' running 20' with 35's or goin with the 7'' and running 37's on 20's

Jease im ready to order my parts and im having a hard time with this.....im having a bad feelin the 4.5 and 35's is just not going to be tall enough for me.

This is going on a black 05 CC shortbox..... Black wheels which will be eather Teflon mojaves or BMF's 20'' variety running Toyo Open country MT's

I really like the Icon 7'' with 20's on 37's ....but my last experiance with 37's on my 2000 7.3 CC long box was not so great for a daily driver..Ex lots of highway driving, I guess i never did regear it to 4.10's or 4.30....It was a PIG

What do you guys think?

#6 ·
I like the stance of your truck TXfireman.........you are running 5'' icon plushride rear springs right?..... what rear springs are included in the Icon 4.5 kit? or do they just include rear blocks?.... Fuel milleage is not a factor to me... Lol ..so im really thinking of going 7'' and 37's

not sure how to the 6.0L will act with the 37' and stock 3.73 gears....I have my SCT with erics tunes.... but i still think there is no substitute re gearing..

Like i said my old 2000 7.3 with 37's and 110 hp tune was still always in and out of OD on the highway going up hills... It really needed some 4.10's or 4.30's

#8 ·
The ICON 4.5" w/TEI rides MUCH better than the 4.5" alone. I think it has to do with the shock travel. For the rear I used OUO 6" Lift Blocks with their traction bars and the truck rides GREAT!! Next suspension upgrade will be replacing the front stock arms.

#10 ·
i would stick with the 35" on a 20

#11 ·
Thanks for the pics guys........yeah TXfireman those pics of that harley pretty much made up my mind about the 7'' ....:evil

I guess the 7'' wouldent look to bad even in the winter time here rollin around on some 35'' all terrians ....mudterrians dont cut it up here in he winter

#14 ·
Another thing to keep in mind...Superduties are bigger than they look in the pictures. Thats one thing I learned when I was trying to decide. So try to find some trucks you can look at in person.

#16 ·
heres a icon 7-9 inch coilover with rize 4 link and 37's, i have suspension set at appx 6.5 lift..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.