Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

HRT Project Teaser Pic

5K views 44 replies 31 participants last post by  smokyred 
#1 ·

I'll be starting a project thread in the near future, but thought some of you might enjoy discussing this. :evil

7.3L PSD mated to a 6 speed Allison sitting between the frame rails of a 1979 Ford SuperCab 4x4.

Its not as far along by now as I had hoped, but most of the parts are sitting here to take it a long ways.

See less See more
#7 ·
Should be intresting. I am with bigrpwr and unbroken on this one. :confused:

#8 ·
I think you stole my idea about the truck that you are using!! I am looking into a '79 F-250 SuperCab 4x4 truck also to start a pulling truck! Can't wait to see some progress on the build

#15 ·
1. Its a driver/ exhibition pulling/ racing/ towing/ dyno machine.

2. Its an Ally cause thats what I wanted! Yes I know it keeps me from going super fast because of the shifting, but Hi Po parts are less than a 10 minute drive away from me at Crank It Up Diesel and Kyle treats me right.

3. The claw was just something to throw on there to roll the truck around. Its even flat in that picture. I had a matching set of rims and tires on it but some guy came through with more cash than I thought they were worth.

#19 ·
looks like an awesome project:bowfast:

but, here is a stupid question. wouldn't it be easier to put a 79 body on a surerduty or OBS chassy, that try and adapt all that stuff into the older chassy?

#25 ·
here is a stupid question. wouldn't it be easier to put a 79 body on a surerduty or OBS chassy, that try and adapt all that stuff into the older chassy?
I am doing all custom mounts on the engine that will allow quicker removal and even the possibility of being able to pull the pan while the motor is still in the truck, so its probably a coin toss. Nothing will be done overnight that is for sure.

That sure looks like a Allison 3000 or 3200 - is it?
Its an Allison 1000. Same thing that is in my twin turbo'd tow truck, same thing as another project truck I have sitting here, etc... I like that tranny in the tow truck, the gear spacing is perfect for playing at the sled pulling track, and its good enough for drag racing. Its easily programmable using EFI-live and the factory Allison TCM, and I already have the software and am familiar with it. The cost is a wash with any of the tranny routes I looked at since I had to aquire everything to do it, no matter what transmission I looked at.

Don't you guys know that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence? If you have an high HP Dmax and are having tranny issues then you want to put in a Duraflite. If you have a 47/48 tranny in your Dodge then you want to install an Allison. Pick your pony and ride it. Besides BigR will tell you my motor is only 500Hp and I believe it! :poke: You can program a dmax with this tranny to live behind 500hp! :evil

#22 ·

I'll be starting a project thread in the near future, but thought some of you might enjoy discussing this. :evil

7.3L PSD mated to a 6 speed Allison sitting between the frame rails of a 1979 Ford SuperCab 4x4.

Its not as far along by now as I had hoped, but most of the parts are sitting here to take it a long ways.
Wow, I sure miss my '79!!

That sure looks like a Allison 3000 or 3200 - is it?

why would anyone mate a motor to an allison intentionally???
Umm, six speeds, lots of torque, HP capable when built - something like that.

#27 ·
:popcorn: Could ya pick up the pace a little? :poke: I'm interested to see how this one turns out.

#29 ·
I cant quite place my finger on it, but there is something wrong.

#34 ·
I have had to deal with a few a 1000s and whatever floats your boat man ,I agree if its what you want than nothing else will do.
Someone said something about ATS !
I would not piss on anything from ATS there customer service sucks as do there parts ! There tech people are a bunch of idiots. Just how I feel I had a Dmax fall in my lap a while back (ok 2yrs. ago) the kid dumped a crap load of money in Ats stuff into it the trans took a dump and they where of little to no help. Just glad the customer got alittle satisfaction from the dealer they did not have to do that at all . Sorry for the rant carry on !

By the way nice truck should be a bear when done.

#35 ·
I'd like to see how the allison will go with the powerstroke, nice project

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.