Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Snow Performance water meth

25K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  F350R 
#1 ·
I will never, NOT have this on my truck again!!!!!!!!

Just completed a VERY heavy tow with my setup, (not ideal for towing, 190 injectors, and Beans Turbo wheel), and I love this kit. I literally could not have made it without the water injection. No BS! I don't get blown away very often, but I will have a Snow performance water/meth Kit on any vehicle I own from here on out.

I knew I was going to have a hard time with EGT's pulling a loaded trailer up the mountains in So Cal, and was looking for a way to help out. Matt Snow at Snow Performance had sponsored a kit for my race truck, so I called him up and asked if it would be ok to use this kit on my truck for the tow then replace it in the race truck afterwards. He said no problem, and was confident his kit would do just what I needed. He was right!

Towing my 24' empty car hauler to California from Austin, I saw 1100* EGT's the whole 1300 miles. Scared the crap out of me. Got to San Diego, installed the boost cooler, loaded the trailer, "very heavy", and towed it back and never saw over 1000*. Needless to say, I was/am impressed, and a water/meth junkey for life. I highly recommend it if your looking for cooling. I know it helped my mileage, as my mileage was identical loaded vs. unloaded, and the trailer was packed full.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have said it before, Water injection was by far one of the best mods I did to my trucks. There is something to be said about turning a switch and watching the EGT's stop moving or go down while pulling a hill.

Good to hear!

#7 ·
Just be careful with how much meth you put in the tank. I believe 50% is the max they want you to go. I stay way under that with mine because I just use it to keep it cool. I agree with you all, it does an amazing job at keeping egt's low.

#26 ·
I'm running the cfm+ largemouth kit and I really like it myself. it gives you a good place to tap three of the best things behind the pyro- boost, water/meth, and of course nitrous :evil I also agree with what you said about the choices- I always try to buy the best product over the cheap one, just makes more sense to me that if I want it to perform the best. Something else people over look is with the largemouth kit you get a bigger ic to intake tube also that is part of the expense.

#12 ·
in my true and honest opinion, I am not totally sold on any S&B product.. for the budget conscience its a great product for a great price, but if you have the money, I feel there are better alternatives that cost more...

now keep in mind, I dont know too much about the CFM+ and I asked a lot about it before I bought it... but banks, and afe make a sweet one too that was in the running, but I chose the CFM+ mainly because of the water/meth ports... performance wise, its pretty equal to that of Banks ... which banks hard parts are a little expensive, but no one can contradict they work, and they are quality.. its just their electronics that arent the best

#13 ·
My reasoning was that I called both of the folks that own Each,a nd talked for 30+ minutes about their product when I was looking for an intake for the ranger. The guy at CFM, was not completely sold on his own intake staying together under the 60+ pounds of boost. The guy at S@B was extremely knowledgeable, and had no doubt it would hold up. Gave me their testing data and the whole enchilada even their negatives over others. I was impressed.

#17 ·
IMHO, Cooling mist...

But this is a snows thread so...:D

#19 ·
Can someone explain to me how a water/meth injection system works and how they are hooked up please. I am interested in this and would like to learn from people who have used it successfully. Thanks

#20 ·
Its very easy to install, literally 20 minutes. It injects a vapor mist into the airstream of the intake when boost levels come up, (you can adjust the start and full point to suit your needs. The water vapor absorbs the heat and takes it out the exhaust. Its basically an intercooler. If you use Meth, it allows for more to be used for addidional cooling before "quenching" occurs, and it also is a fuel so it adds power. Too much Meth though, and it gets hot again. 50/50 is what is best.

#21 ·
Myself... I would not run more then 30% meth EVER again. But otherwise exactly what Dal said, its like adding another intercooler.

#27 ·
So if I understand correctly, you are spraying water inside the turbo intake and this runs through the engine and out the exhaust. I assume that the water vapour is taken into the cylinder throught the air intake and mixes with the fuel, or does it just cool the turbo and is sent out the exhaust without going through the cylinder. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.