Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Parts just shipped!

2K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  powerstrokenstang 
#1 ·
Well my parts just shipped from swamps!

355cc/400% hybrids (flowed 370cc)
BFH
Gen 3

Now that they're on they're way, i think i'm going to be afraid to put the hammer down :doh: I really hope the motor stays in one piece LOL

I'll be installing them this weekend...and its my daily driver. I'll let you all know how smokey they are on the daily setting. Should be a good time :hehe:

#5 ·
Thats gonna be fun. Factory forged rod block or is the block filled or girdled?

#6 ·
Stock longblock, untouched. Minus the studs, springs, and pushrods of course...115k miles on her. She was a stock tow queen when i bought her. Never even a chip. So it was unmolested before i owned it.

#7 ·
hahaha and now your about to gang rape her!

#9 ·
Hmmmm...if his engine holds up......I might be going that route aswell...johnathan told me that it wouldnt be a good turbo to run on the street because it dont start boosting until 2500 rpms? some one correct me if im wrong.

#10 ·
scotty has been on this combo for 4+ years of 300+ track passes on a stock engine...

brian has this same combo as well on a stock engine and is making 680+ to the wheels...nevermind all the nitrous blasts with the old setup.

As far as spooling...i dont do much towing and i'm dont plan on using the drag 3 b file with many people around...will black out the highway so yeah...:hehe: But i'll let you know once its in the truck as far as driveability.

73stroke, here are some videos of brians truck on the street with the same combo.

Videos w/ New Mods - Powerstroke Nation

#14 ·
How do you like it? Does it attempt to clean up the smoke at full boost? :hehe:

Oh when i said whats on scotty's truck and brians i meant thats what dave told me not that i didnt know...sorry for the confusion

#15 ·
we are still playing wih the tuning on my truck. my computer is not happy with me for some reason, it keeps wanting to cut out at about 3600 rpms. "clean up the smoke" LOL LOL :doh: Right now I am just running a 2.6 housing on the turbo due to class rules, and I havent got around to putting the bigger one on to let it eat yet so maybe the bigger one will do better.
as for driving it on the street right now it is a bit smokey for my tasts, but the last set of tunes jonathan sent me I could drive on the street with out blowing any smoke, and it acellerated way harder, but it was doing some other weard things so I had to go back to the old tunes. I should have some new ones to try soon.:D

the only reason the smoke was cleaning up on this video is because it was cutting out

#17 ·
matthewd11: Jonathan will get those bugs figured out
yep not worried about it, all good things are worth weighting for:evil

YOu still on the stock shortblock?
stock bottom end,

new studs, springs, and push tubes up top

#19 ·
Very cool Matt, congratulations!

#20 ·
haha yeah im souped. cant wait to see how the thing runs.

Jake, you talk to david about a converter yet?

Pontiacross, do you have any pics of the bend on the BFH for the hot side pipe? Just curious how much work it needs. I thought i remembered a pic that you posted but i wasnt sure.

#21 ·
haha yeah im souped. cant wait to see how the thing runs.

Jake, you talk to david about a converter yet?
Yup, I talked to David (DI) about the PI and I'll be calling tomorrow to give him my CC number. :D

#23 ·
Hmm looks like you have a body lift too. Did the whole tube have to be reworked or just the end? Dave is sending me the bend along with everything else i need, i just have to do the cutting/welding.

Good man Jake :D

#24 ·
yep 2in.:D

I had to rework the whole tube because of the lift, but it wasnt very hard to make the bend fit.

I still need to clean up the welds and paint the pipes but getting it running is all I am worried about for now

#27 ·
You get your parts in Matt?

#28 ·
Yeah. Everything is in. I just have to bring the hot side I/C pipe to work tomorrow to weld on a small sliver of a bend to get the pipe to line up right. The drain tube on that BFH absolutely kicked my ass. The injectors went in smoothly though.

You get your converter in?

#29 ·
Yea the drain tubes on these turbos suck to do. Well be sure to update us all when you get it on a test drive.

...and yes, the converter is ordered and PI says I'll have it Wednesday. Got if from David at DI. Can't wait to get it in there so I can try and enjoy the new engine and turbo that I've been babying because of the TCC issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.