Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

new trucks for the fleet

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  geared_low550 
#1 ·
My fleet has a dozen 7.3's most with well over 500k and a few scratching the million mile mark. Well it's time for some new ones and we need to see how the 6.4's are holding up. I have read of some problems, but nothing like the 6.0s yet. So how many miles ya'll have on your rigs and how about the 09's, are they less problematic????

#3 ·
I have heard of a lot of radiator problems. My dad's leaked at 20k. He also had 2 high pressure fuel leaks, before 1000 miles. Right now it sounds like it runs really funny, no loss of power, but the exhaust doesn't sounds constant. Sounds kind of like compressor sugre, but out the exhaust, not the intake. His 04 6.0 never had this many problems...

#4 ·
My buddy has a Halliburton truck with a 6.4...He loves it 40k miles and only problem he's had with it was the radiator. 11.8-12 mpg tho.

#6 ·
the guys with bone stock fleet trucks hate em,

Unfortunatly you just about have to dpf/doc delete em

once you do that they are sweat rides, and everyone loves em

Travis

#7 ·
I have 51k on mine an once i deleted the cat/dpf i picked up 3mpg on the highway with 4.10 gears on duals. im getting 16avg an 13avg tow. with the spartan setup.

#8 ·
The dpf/egr emission crap is not just a Ford thing as I am sure you are aware.
My 6.7 dodge with the emission equipment was a total fuel sucking pig as well. Just food for thought....if you can hold out about another year and see what king of mpgs urea setups get you might be better off. I am thinking that emissions tinkering is out with fleet vehicles?

#9 ·
If it were up to me I would rip all that crap off every one of our 6.oh's and any 6.4's if we buy them. But you are right, all the manufactures are having problems so I guess we will try and wait it out a little longer. Man I wish they still had a 7.3 option, I love that motor.

#12 ·
david i am seeing the same results with mileage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.