Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Installed my Homemade RR this weekend!!!

30K views 55 replies 25 participants last post by  Mr.Blue 
#1 ·
Well, I have been ordering fittings and hoses and have been collecting parts for a while. I have looked at numerous photos and read a few right-ups. This thing went off without a hitch. I replaced all the fuel lines with -06AN Size lines. -06AN goes from the Pump, to the engine then y's off to the heads. The return is a -06AN line. The power difference is amazing. It pulls way harder under WOT. Great mod if your a DIY type of guy. Prolly $400 in the whole thing. + the sump which i built for free.

Fuel Pressure Regulator and Mounting Bracket.

Filters and Bracket Moch-up.

Filters Bolting Bracket Welded to Frame Rail.

Filters in place and all hoses connected.

Regulator and Bracket installed with all hoses ran.

Top Engine View.

Homemade Fuel Tank Sump.

Homemade Fuel Sump.

Sump Installed.

Sump Installed.

See less See more
#5 ·
All of the brackets I fabbed Myself. The filters and bases were ordered online directly from WIX. I am going to keep a couple extra sets of filters on hand that I will order from a local tractor dealership.

The fuel Lab can be thrown in place of the Walbro @ anytime. :D (i left room for improvement).

#8 ·
Stocker w/ Upgraded Compressor Housing, Exhaust Housing and WW. Still feels tight. I just checked it when I had everything off. And she has seen 28-30 psi a few times and tow's often. Im going to run it till its on its last leg.

I believe im ready for Injectors now. :poke:

#9 ·
Stocker w/ Upgraded Compressor Housing, Exhaust Housing and WW. Still feels tight. I just checked it when I had everything off. And she has seen 28-30 psi a few times and tow's often. Im going to run it till its on its last leg.

I believe im ready for Injectors now. :poke:
My guess is that last leg will come pretty quick after that... :poke:

#12 ·
It was build as ya go. Now that its done, yea, there are some things I would change if I could go back, but not much. Fabbing everything myself was half the fun. What do you think is overdone? The long hose is because of the bend radius. If I would have had some extra fittings (different degree) I would have been able to shorten it. (ill fix it one day).

#14 ·
When I get saved up for some, you'll be my first call Matt.

#15 ·
Good Job.

I really like that fuel sump setup. Now just throw some CAT filters on there and your set ;)

-Matt

#17 ·
what about not using a fuel sump? will a single factory pump be able to keep up?

#21 ·
what is the benifit of using a sump? also where did you get your reg and what the part number? thanks

#22 ·
Sorry, I dont have the part# for my Regulator. I ordered it off ebay. Benefit of a sump is simple....gravity. The fuel in the tank flows downward, causing less stress on the fuel pump.With a pickup tube, the pump is having to suck the fuel straight up, and then push it. Either way will benefit you. I just did mine to be different I guess. Fuel Sumps are not that common, and I was able to build it for free.

If you want a Sump, just buy it. Don't try to fab it yourself, unless you have another one sitting on the fab table to copy from.

#24 ·
i think i might try the bigger feed tube and see how that will work. you have any leak problems?

#25 ·
my only concern with the sump is pulling all the crap off the bottom of the tank. i realize you're running the filters, but still it would seem that they would clog up pretty quick.

besides WOT, is there any difference elsewhere in the range?

#27 ·
I cleaned the tank extremely well before re-installing it. Im not worried about clogging my filters. I mainly buy diesel from only 2 places cause I know its clean. My truck sits up tall enough, that I don't have to worry about ground clearance. ;)
My fuel pressure gauge never moves under any kind of throttle. Sets at 65psi once started up.

#28 ·
Looks awesome. Did a really good job on the whole set up. Like the sump set up it is surely different.

#29 ·
The walbro will more then handle the 238's ;)

I only dropped ~20psi using huge lines and a walbro with 300's.

#34 ·
Do you guys recommend removing the fuel bowl with the oem filter when you do your DIY RR??? fuel bowl delete...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.