Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

got another obs

6K views 71 replies 31 participants last post by  blowin'coal_85 
#1 ·
after 5 1/2 years and 296k miles on the odo its time to get rid of the shortbus. I went and picked up a new ride this weekend, some of you may remember it an old TDS member used to own it. I bought jared aka Hellstroker's old truck.

its a 96 f250 ccsb with 173k miles riden on custom 4 link front and rear with bags. its one clean truck and rides much better than my 96. mods include a fresh bts trans, stage 1's, bdp fuel system, TW chip, intake and exhaust. hope to add an ic soon,.

#10 ·
Wheres the pics Luke?:poke:

#11 ·
:nopics:
damn Ive been looking for a ccsb

#16 ·
Will those air bags let it flex vary far off road? I've never seen one with bags on the front. Looks good. Its got to ride better than with leafs.

#25 ·
That looks like a nice truck. I always liked the obs ccsb. But c'mon you gotta do something to it, isn't the temptation gonna be to much? I know it has been for me.

#31 ·
Ive put about 2000-2500 miles on the truck so far and had pretty good luck with it except i did have to shell out for a new set of tires. I went back with 315's in bfg all terrains. my biggest complaint so far is that i plugged a set of fuel filters while on vacation in CO and had to wait 4+ hrs for another set to show up. I have to thank Rocky@ Rockin S for finding the filters and getting them delivered up to me. I cannot thank him enough for helping me out when i was in a bind.

Ive got a couple things that im going to add/ change with this truck and that is a gear swap to 410's and add an IC. I spent the last week in the mtns and the 355's SUCK, i had to manually hold the truck in 2nd gear while hitting the switchback turns and i had egt problems all the damn time i hate ford for not puting an IC in these trucks. but the good thing is that i think i have everything rounded up for an IC but not sure what im going to do for gears yet. Im tired of turning 2k rpms at 80mph:doh:

Oh and the air bags ROCK for ride quality, it kicks the hell out of the old shortbus for ride quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.