Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

what tires do you run on your sd. I need new ones

2K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  01redcrew 
#1 ·
Its time for some new tires and i was wondering what you guys are running. When i had my 01 i had mastercraft courser c/ts on it. I thought bout getting them again but i didnt know what you guys thought bout them. I was going to look at coopers s/t and maybe nitto terra grapplers also. I dont really want a mt. Im going to run my stock 16s unless i can find a good package deal. Thanks guys for your input.

#5 ·
I would look at Nitto tires, they have a few good A/T tires in their lineup. Also the Michelin LTX M/S are a good truck tire, as is the Goodyear Wrangler AT/S (factory installed on my truck). Good luck to you.

#7 ·
To the OP, what size are you looking for? What kind of terrain will these tires see? Where are you located? What is your price range? All these questions can help narrow down your selection and our recommendations.
Personally I just put on my General grabber AT2 on friday. It rained on saturday and I was happy with them on the highway in the wet, and in some light mud/slick grass. No noise on the interstate as of now and they ride really good. I have the 285/75r16 on stock wheels. They are only an 8ply, but I don't tow much. They are cut and chip resistant as well which is good for gravel roads. My second choice of tire would have been a toss up between the Kumho KL78 and the Mastercraft courser AT2.

#10 ·
im running 295/75/r16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my truck stock height, only rubs on extremely hard turns. Im very happy with em, I haven't had a chance to take them offroad to see how they perform yet. Highway driving has been great, not very loud at all.

#17 ·
I got some terra graps and i am not happy with them off road and they seem to wear pretty fast i only have 12,000 on them and the are about 3/4 of the way worn out but i do tow alot with them.

#21 ·
x2 on the off road performance but I am getting pretty good wear on mine. I think I have about 20k on them at least and they still got at least half the tread.

On road wet weather, snowy/icy the tires are pretty darn good. Little bit of a hum over stock conti's but not bad. Gravel and dirt pretty good but once the terrain starts to get a little sticky the tires fill up quick and become pretty useless little slicks. Mud and wet/heavy snow will pack right in quickly.

Otherwise I am happy with my terra grapplers and are priced well for their size.

#29 ·
01redcrew i run 285/75/16 and ths st's run about 180 ea. i just got a set of goodyear wrangler duratracs thru tirerack for 182 ea and they are an e load rated tire. they don't seem to be very loud but it's hard to hear much with the turbo .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.