Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Vibration

840 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sagebel 
#1 ·
It's time to figure out this vibration that I have. The vibration seems like it makes the front of the truck bounce. It is noticeable at 50-65mph in OD just has the engine gets a load(bottom of hills etc...) Usually only happens when cruise control is on. I can make it go away by adding more throttle. My thoughts are Torque Converter or Carrier Bearing. Is there any way to isolate this issue?

#3 ·
I think it is the carrier bearing. There is quite a bit of play in the rubber. I am going to pull the rear drive shaft this weekend and take it to a shop and have them press a new one on next week. I'll go from there.

#4 ·
what is the carrier bearing and wear is it located my trck does something just like this between 35-45mph which is actualy 40-50 true mph. How do you check it?

#5 ·
The carrier bearing is sometimes refered as the center bearing. It is located between the transmission/transfercase(4x4) and the rear end. It is mounted to a frame cross support.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.