Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New tires on my 07

4K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  J_F250 
#1 ·
Got some new tires on my 07 work truck.

With 42,500 miles on my Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors I started to get some weird looking issues on the sidewalls......so my tire shop pro rated the tires (I still had 8-9/32" of tread left) and I went with the new 325/65R18 Goodyear DuraTrac.
Needed a little more aggressive tire which is why I went with this, surprisingly they are very quiet.
Just had to pull back my inner fender liner and I was good to go without any rubbing issues.

Here's a few pics:

And some pics with the new tires showing the OUO traction bars:

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah thoes look nice i wonder how they will wear i am gettin ready to have to get some tires i will prolly go with a 325 as well thats pretty close to a 35 i think.

#5 ·
Yeah thoes look like they got a decent amount of sipeing, and will be good for all year round. I might look in to thoes. let us know how they wear.

#7 ·
I wanted to try the new MT/R with Kevlar as our sales manager just put the 38s on his Jeep and loves them. But they didn't have a size that I liked.
And as my truck is often loaded weighing in at 10,000-11,400lbs I wasn't sure how well they would wear.

#8 ·
For my 18s I would have done the 285/75R18 which is 35.1" tall and rated at 4080lbs per tire.

Didn't like the idea of stepping down to a 285 from a 325....and I don't think I'd get the mileage out of them that I would the DuraTrac.
I put 42,500 miles on my old tires in 27 months....and it doesn't get driven much for 3.5 months of the year :D

My 325s work well for driving on a beach, through the grass etc. at job sites without making ruts.

#22 ·
Dang I think you just found my next tire. I have been looking at tires and load ratings lately a lot and this one looks like a solid winner. Price seems to be pretty good too, and tread looks a whole lot more aggressive than my current terra grapplers.

What are the specs of the rims you are running? width and backspacing? Looks like they might have a little more backspacing then what I am running, probably helping you with the rubbing.

Oh, and I am still totally jealous of your "work" truck lol

#23 ·
I'm running 18x8.5 Welds with 5.14" Back Space.

And yes that's why I can clear them being as low as my truck is :D

I believe they have a 3860lb load rating, which I liked :D

I've had guys at suppliers question me for using the truck for work....I tell them that's what I bought it for, specifically for work LOL

#25 ·
Yeah, I would definitely rub some mud flaps if I had them :D

I was catching the inner fender pretty good until I pulled that back, now I clear it by plenty.

I had around 2300lbs in the bed and 600lbs hanging off the the hitch and the tires didn't even bulge...of course they are fully aired at 65psi.

Definitely get a lot of looks in the work truck....stands out a bit with the color. A buddy of mine who broke down on the side of the road spotted me in the area pretty easy last week LOL

#26 ·
Hope you keep this thread updated from time to time. I was really interested in those tires before I decided to take my truck in much different direction. But I would be very interested to see how they hold up. Good luck with them and, by the way, that's a really nice looking truck you've got there!

#32 ·
excuses excuses excuses :blah: and I bet your knee's are getting sore climbing in and out of that big work truck so you had to get amp steps for it too, and the heat extractor hood is purely to reduce underhood temperatures :poke:

LOL your work truck is just plain too nice, always good to see someone driving around a nice work truck instead of a beater

#34 ·
Got any side shots of the tires? I am getting mine this week and want to seem the way they look from the side.

#36 ·
Thanks. They'll be on today so it doesn't matter. I'll tell you what though...if my truck drives like a log wagon like it has for the past 50,000 miles with those shiotty Cooper Discoverers I will be driving it off the side of the mountain today before I get home. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.