Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Diesel Power hasn't forgot the 7.3Ls

3K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  97rattlebox 
#1 ·
I got the new issue of Diesel Power in the mail yesterday and I was suprised about the massive write ups they had about the 7.3L between an OBS injector and fuel system install down to the 10 page section how how to spend 1500, 2500, 5000, and 10000 in both Sticks and autos and the best part about it was the fact that they did their research, no ATS or Banks crap but DP-Tuner, Swamps, ITP, Beans, BTS, Tony Wildman, Diesel Site, etc. It was a good read to say the least and its just good to see they haven't forgot the old Fords in a dodge world.

#8 ·
what actually happened was.... mike mcglothlin got hired there. he's got an 97' CC and has really laid some influence for the 7.3. the stuff you see has a lot do with personal interest of the editor and writers. thats why you're seeing so much 7.3 love. his name is 97rattlebox on here, and he's a really cool guy.

#6 ·
A built powerstroke will turn more heads than a cummins.
A men to that. Everyone can have a Dodge with stacks and pushing 500-600 HP

Goodto see the fords get some love and even the older trucks I am really interested in project 300

#15 ·
It could be either or...it can throw a ses light for having low icp at wot (hpop cant suppy enough pressure) It could also have a ses light for having excessive boost and will defuel the engine.

#19 ·
Just found this thread. Don't know how I missed it, actually. I'm on here at least every other day poking around :poke:

I appreciate the kind words. And Mike's right, a lot of personal interest makes it in the magazine. So for me, it's 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 stuff, and thanks to this site I've learned quite a bit the last year and a half since being hired. For the associate editor, it's Dodge. And for the boss man, he tries to balance it out with a Chevy/GM now and then.

I grew up around the OBS Fords, even had a couple in the family from the Bull-nose years. Nothing looks better to me than a clean, old body style Ford still rattling along. Oh yeah, and ANY good running Blue Oval :ford:

#25 ·
The article should be on DP's web site if you guys want to read it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.