Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

EGR Delete

6K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  Jeff @ Spartan 
#1 ·
What are yalls thoughts on EGR delete plates are they worth it and how much will they help if any at all? Also who makes a good set?

#4 ·
You need a Spartan tuner or a tuner that shuts off the EGR valve. I did some testing for John with a tune that didn't turn off the EGR valve and I lost boost pressure and throttle response.

But like Mikey said, they are completely worth it on a modified truck. Another plus that Mike forgot to add is that having the EGR cooler block off plate, you get security if the EGR cooler were to bust and leak water all in your motor.

#24 ·
Mine should be here this week from Cobbs, then I'm going to put them on. I'm already throwing the 0401 code for EGR insufficient flow without the plates. What code does it throw with just the plates and no updated tunes? I've been living with the CEL 0401 for months now, so if that's all I have to worry about, I might save some money not getting updated tunes from Spartan.

#26 ·
Hmmm, well, so I could do nothing different, other than add the plates, and that one code will stay on all the time? That's it? Hell I have a low tire pressure light that stays on 24/7. What's another light on the dash. :doh:

The code only pops up every now and then right now, mostly when I'm city driving, but highway it stays away. I'm wondering if the plates will throw the code all the time or just when it feels like it.

#28 ·
#### then I'm not waiting for anything other than the plates. Once they get here (this week hopefully), I'll slap them on and see what it does.

Thanks man! (this site doesn't have :happymugs ? WTF)

#34 ·
I know somebody asked this earlier in the thread but whats involved in installing these plates? do you have to remove anything to get to the cooler, or is it all easy to get to? I just bought my 6.4 and havent really done alot of inspecting under the hood yet lol

#35 ·
The top plate is easy access. The driver side fender plate is hard to get to, mainly because of the steering lines, shaft, and all the wires. You have to take the fenderwell out, and it helps to take the tire off too. Especially if you have short arms like I do. :D

#36 ·
Job 3 trucks seem to be more of a PITA....had to use pry bars on a few of them. According to Cobbs Jobs 1 and 2 dont have this issue. Other than that its an easy install. Just make sure you have a second set of hands

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.