Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

02' with Forged Rods!

8K views 50 replies 24 participants last post by  bigjake0524 
#1 ·
I have an 02 truck with a build date of 8/01 and the motor has a sticker on the valve cover of 3/01 and pulled the inspection plug today and found a stud with a nut on it. I was very excited to see that I did in fact have forged rods. Now I can begin to have some fun and stop worrying about my PMR's that aren't even in the motor...:postwhore2:

#2 ·
LOL Thats awesome

#6 ·
#8 ·
RU sure, those batteries in the flashlight were al ittle bit dim :peeman:
that's awesome let the fun begin

buy me one too, pies done were leaving now.

#14 ·
Well SOB! All that work on hot concrete to find bolts no studs.:(

#16 ·
You should be. I'm not surprised though. I'm sure they still had some forged rods and continued to use them until they were gone. Hell, back in the 60's Ford did some freaky stuff. Engines didn't match the build sheets often. What was hanging beside it on the line got installed. I bought a 66 Must that was an A code, in reality it was a K code and I got the bargain of a lifetime. The hipo for no option charge

#20 ·
can any of u fellas help my find where i can see if i have forged rods or pmr? its an 02f-350. :confused:

#23 ·
Now I am going to have to pull the plug and check mine. Build date 10/01. I need to know!

#24 ·
Well with a build date of 10/01 everyone was right:doh:. PMR's baby. Looks like no more motor mods till this one is done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.