Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Where will the 6.7 be built?

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  KingDiesel 
#1 ·
Today I was talking to a friend of mine who works at a Ford dealership close to home about the 6.7. He informed me that IH would be building this engine for Ford. I am certain that he is not intentionally lieing about this as he could care less about spouting some info off just to seem in the know.

Just thought this to be somewhat interesting and wondered if anyone else had heard anything like this.

#2 ·
I heard it's a Ford built motor...and it's gonna be built in Mexico...

#5 ·
I hope they don't turn out to be a pile of chit

#13 ·
I don't see why they would.Look how good the grey cps has worked out since being made in Mexico :doh:

#7 ·
I was talkin to a guy at the ky truck plant and he said they might be buildin them there dont know if its rumor or not:confused:

#8 ·
well ive read many places that their gonna be made(motor) in Mexico...that's a downer...but ohh well

#9 ·
fwiw that desired blocks for the 5.0 mustang's were made in mexico ;)
Ford may have the 6.7 on lock on this one, I'm looking forward to it!

#10 ·
I heard that if you put any kind of programmer on the 6.7 it'll go into limp mode?

#11 ·
they were saying that about 6.4s before they came out too... I'll leave some of the "he said, she said" till when it comes out.

#12 ·
who's gona have the first one!?!?!?!?!?!

ha ha ha

here comes the competition...:gethim:

#16 ·
Ford will be building this motor, they canceled their contract with Navistar/International they started going down hill over the years anyway. maybe one day they"ll get a contract with cummins. I don't see that happening anytime soon though.

Dodge recently canceled their contracts with cummins to build light duty 1500 Cummins motors. but have heard they are back in talks. the other thing that sucks is emissions are getting tougher these days as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.