Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

OUO Traction Bars Installed !!

6K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  Kind 
#1 ·
well, after sitting on them for a week, and chomping at the bit, i finally got a chance to use my buddy's rack and get them on. while doing them, i also swapped the stock blocks for custom OUO 1" steel blocks, David at OUO even powdercoated them black for me without me asking!! from the minute i received them, i was in awe of the packaging quality, these guys pull no punches and insure your product gets to you in perfect condition. i personally am a fan of high quality shipping methods. anyway, all the OUO pieces are a work of art, the tolerance are dead nuts on, on everything in the kit, and the fit and finish is amazing. The install was quite easy, the toughest part was all the holes in the frame for the front bracket, and the locking holes for the adjustable bars. i'm glad i went adjustable too, because the drivers side of the frame has a LOT going on, and adjustability made life a lot easier! the total job was about 2.5 - 3 hours and quite simple. needless to say im happy with the fit, and how my truck looks now the ass end is an inch lower. the truck is about as dead nuts level as im gonna get it, its still about 1/8-1/4" ass high..but totally un-noticable. here's the pics:

See less See more
#6 ·
i did get the top plates and 3/4" u bolts. i didnt have a band saw, and about 2" + need to come off, and i really didnt want to risk butchering the u bolts in a rush. ill get them on shortly, but for now im sure its just fine. i think i will be able to launch harder now and retain traction..so i should see a better 60ft hopefully.

#14 ·
I like! I hope to get mine installed with the rest of my lift next week. I just loaded the 210 tune today so I can tow my trailer but the 275 will be loaded as soon as I arrive in Daytona tonight! cant wait

#16 ·
Looks sweet. That 1" block really helped with the stance. Can't wait to see a time slip now.

#19 ·
I'm interested to see your results in your 60' times with these! I've always heard mixed reviews of traction bars on 4x4's. Many people claim simply strapping the leafs gave them better times. For the axle wrap, traction bars hands down of course. How long are they? I think most people are making them way too long moving their ic way out, that's puller stuff! Those look short and to the point.

#20 ·
they're about as short and to the point as i could get w/o dropping the tank and playing a game of thread the fuel lines on the frame rail. i dont have front leaf's so thats no issue..but im gonna figure out a strapping method for the coilovers.. we'll see. i like them for the wrap, keep the axle in place, help the 60ft, and the look. the truck just looks downright fudging mean now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.